• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're here. We're queer. And we won't buy your beer.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're here. We're queer. And we won't buy your beer.

BBC News - Gay kiss pub protest at Soho's John Snow

Well obviously not beer. What about woo-woos or a nice archers and lemonade though?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Some gay chap who is part of the facebook campaign was on the TV this morning saying they had went viral.

Quite.

Comment

Typical gay activists.

If I was in a pub and a couple(regardless of sex combination) start passionately kissing, dry humping I'd tell them to get a room. It's disgusting to watch(unless it's two birds at which point I'd get another pint and my camera out).

When I first went to Uni(20 years ago) - (which was in a very gay area), two fellas across from me started necking each other. I was disgusted and walked out. These days I'd probably join in.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

BBC News - Gay kiss pub protest at Soho's John Snow

Well obviously not beer. What about woo-woos or a nice archers and lemonade though?
        or a pint of ginger beer
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I don't think it is particularly controversial to say that many/most hetero men, who have no problems with people being gay, would not like seeing 2 men kissing. It's probably forbidden to venture such an un-PC opinion though.

I wonder if gay men feel the same about seeing a man snogging a woman?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I don't think it is particularly controversial to say that many/most hetero men, who have no problems with people being gay, would not like seeing 2 men kissing. It's probably forbidden to venture such an un-PC opinion though.

I wonder if gay men feel the same about seeing a man snogging a woman?
            I used to rent a room in a house of a gay couple. Every Saturday they'd head off into town, take speed and come home with a load of mates & sit down quietly in the front room watching videos & chilling out. I'd come in, pissed, donar kebab in hand to the catcalls of 'Oh here he is, neandathal man', once bought a girl back, sat in the front room and started necking her. 'Oooooo. That's ******* disgusting' came the chorus. So we buggered off upstairs to the call of 'Not under my roof you don't!'

So yes is the answer.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

First off I am not gay, but I actually applaud the fact that they are willing to go out there and demonstrate for a principal. The government could kill out first borns and we would jut moan about it while carrying on regardless not wanting to cause a fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                First off I am not gay, but I actually applaud the fact that they are willing to go out there and demonstrate for a principal. The government could kill out first borns and we would jut moan about it while carrying on regardless not wanting to cause a fuss.
                Most pubs will not let you in with a full shell suit on and I have not seen Nike lobby the government to get that changed 'for the good of society'. Like it or not the pub does not have to conform to a social mean.

My ex was a barmaid in a pub where someone asked a gay couple to quit kissing and despite being told repeatedly the pub had a strict 'no kissing' policy they got about 40 'protest' letters at the homophobic running of the pub.

This is probably exactly the same situation but for facebook and its ability to grow a cause out of nothing with its millions of gurning idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Most pubs will not let you in with a full shell suit on and I have not seen Nike lobby the government to get that changed 'for the good of society'. Like it or not the pub does not have to conform to a social mean.

My ex was a barmaid in a pub where someone asked a gay couple to quit kissing and despite being told repeatedly the pub had a strict 'no kissing' policy they got about 40 'protest' letters at the homophobic running of the pub.

This is probably exactly the same situation but for facebook and its ability to grow a cause out of nothing with its millions of gurning idiots.
                  According to the Beeb, you're right that pubs can kick people out for pretty much any reason they like, as long as it is consistent. So they can say "no football shirts" or "no kissing" but not "no gay kissing".

Now it may be the pub in question would ask any two people who were having a full-on tonguing session to leave. Obviously that's not how it's being put across though.

Comment

They should have gone to Bruges, it's traditional to ask for a gay beer there
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X