• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ahhh....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh....

I love the smell of permie fear in the morning...

Major re-org...

No proper communications to permies involved...

Apply for their own jobs or other areas...

Then a list produced showing 'they' wont be assimulated (TUPE'd) into new outsourcer organisation - so if they haven't perfomed well in the internal interviews... bye bye...

Fear from every pore - mass Linkedin profile completion / CV productions / last minute scramble to network...

Contractors cool and calm - looks like we're be okay to Aug - Dec.

Interesting Friday afternoon.

Bing!

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    I love the smell of permie fear in the morning...

Major re-org...

No proper communications to permies involved...

Apply for their own jobs or other areas...

Then a list produced showing 'they' wont be assimulated (TUPE'd) into new outsourcer organisation - so if they haven't perfomed well in the internal interviews... bye bye...

Fear from every pore - mass Linkedin profile completion / CV productions / last minute scramble to network...

Contractors cool and calm - looks like we're be okay to Aug - Dec.

Interesting Friday afternoon.

Bing!
    To me this just sums up the utter futility of taking a permie job.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

<Tolerant mode on>
      Be nice: contracting is not for everyone, grats to those who made it but don’t look down on those who chose a different route for reasons you may not be aware of.
      <Tolerant mode off>

Damn smug contractors
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        To me this just sums up the utter futility of taking a permie job.
        Like earning less money and having just an illusion of job security
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          <Tolerant mode on>
          Be nice: contracting is not for everyone, grats to those who made it but don’t look down on those who chose a different route for reasons you may not be aware of.
          <Tolerant mode off>

Damn smug contractors
          Not looking down on anybody; just pointing out that once you've got some marketable skills, you're probably better off self employed than working for some organisation that'll dump you on the dole as soon as your number comes up on the redundancy randomiser.

Comment

What if you take a permie job in order to get training?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              What if you take a permie job in order to get training?
              Hmmmm...fine as long as you avoid pay back causes in the contract; still not sure if it makes sense though; it would have to be a very long and expensive course to make this a profitable option.

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
                Apply for their own jobs

Tell the permies to apply for a job elsewhere instead. Probably get a payrise too.

The one and only proper permie job I ever had ended like this. Company was being bought out and they said to us all sign the new employment contract with the new company or don't bother turning up on the monday. No notice or anything.

After some beers down the pub with a few of my colleagues the sunday night to discuss if any of us were going to bother turning up the next day, I was the only one with the nads to tell them to stick it. Went contracting soon after and never looked back.

He who dares Rodders.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Tell the permies to apply for a job elsewhere instead. Probably get a payrise too.

The one and only proper permie job I ever had ended like this. Company was being bought out and they said to us all sign the new employment contract with the new company or don't bother turning up on the monday. No notice or anything.

After some beers down the pub with a few of my colleagues the sunday night to discuss if any of us were going to bother turning up the next day, I was the only one with the nads to tell them to stick it. Went contracting soon after and never looked back.

He who dares Rodders.
                  Good one. My father was told by his employer several years ago to either accept another job with a better salary but a lower pension or to leave, as his department was being closed as 'not core business', despite it being a profitable business unit. After a short meeting in the pub qwith some colleagues he left and set up a new business with the best in the department, doing exactly the same thing as before; they're now all earning a multiple of what they did at permieco. The best moment was when permieco tried to throw the competition clause at him in court and failed miserably as they themselves had opened up the contract and asked him to accept a lower pension.

Comment

Working...
                  X