• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Australian contractor community

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian contractor community

I spent a few years in the UK working as an IT contractor. Found this forum useful, although I was only lurking, not posting.

Now I'm back in Australia. Looking for a similar community here. I've done a few searches, but haven't found anything much.

Can any Aussie expats recommend any forums?

Originally posted by Morgan Hearst View Post
    I spent a few years in the UK working as an IT contractor. Found this forum useful, although I was only lurking, not posting.

Now I'm back in Australia. Looking for a similar community here. I've done a few searches, but haven't found anything much.

Can any Aussie expats recommend any forums?
    All the Austrailian contractors I've met in UK say there aren't many opportunities for contracting back home. Could that explain the dearth of COZ forums down under?

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
      All the Austrailian contractors I've met in UK say there aren't many opportunities for contracting back home. Could that explain the dearth of COZ forums down under?
      I think contracting as we know it in Oz became a lot less attractive when they brought in the 80/20% rule. As a contractor you pay full PAYE is how I understand it. Mind you, at over Aus$ 1000 a day (oil and gas jobs) it is a lucrative business I reckon.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
      X