• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sea level dropping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea level dropping

Doing it yourself – the latest unsmoothed global sea level data from JASON shows a sharp downtick and slight downtrend | Watts Up With That?

...and AGW continues to fall apart.

I'm alright Jack

Maybe all the CO2 means the sea is warmer, more warmth means more fish.

So perhaps the fish are drinking it all?

Comment

That site (and hence you, BasterBates) is a joke.
      The author clearly doesn't understand times series analysis.
      He's why I think that: he puts the word "smoothing" [in the context of the time series data] in quotes as if it is some sort of dodgy hocus pocus whereas various techniques of smoothing (which is a proven mathematical technique) are de rigeur in analysis of time series data, especially for forecasting.
      See Holt-Winters smoothing for example.

I find it amusing when ignoramuses try to be clever and are too stiupid to understand they are making complete tits of themselves.
      Last edited by sasguru; 18 April 2011, 09:25.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Maybe it's draining away into a big hole underneath Japan?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Maybe it's draining away into a big hole underneath Japan?

And what would cause an earthquake?

Could global warming be causing recent earthquakes?

Yep, 4x4's!

Comment

Roman 4x4's linked to Vesuvius eruption

looks like C02 causes volcanoes as well

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              That site (and hence you, BasterBates) is a joke.
              The author clearly doesn't understand times series analysis.
              He's why I think that: he puts the word "smoothing" [in the context of the time series data] in quotes as if it is some sort of dodgy hocus pocus whereas various techniques of smoothing (which is a proven mathematical technique) are de rigeur in analysis of time series data, especially for forecasting.
              See Holt-Winters smoothing for example.

I find it amusing when ignoramuses try to be clever and are too stiupid to understand they are making complete tits of themselves.
              Maybe this drop is being caused by the cooling trend in the global temperatures:

HTH
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 18 April 2011, 10:08.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

If you post that graph a third time you'll summon the pjclarke demon again.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

No fears at the moment, it's still light.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Maybe Battle Los Angeles isn't totally fiction and the aliens are slurping the water.

I have a mate who's well into all the UFO stuff. Goes to conventions, and plans on having his stag do at Tikaboo Peak 'overlooking' Area 51. Not sure I'm that keen unless there's a Chicken Ranch and bar in the vicinity. May have to get some Bill Hicks approved mushrooms for the trip.

Anyhow, he insists all the recent alien movies and TV series is to condition us for an alien encounter in the near future. My argument that it's probably down to special effects being good enough to pull it off on a reasonable budget, and it's not like there's ever been a lack of sci-fi stuff over the decades doesn't hold water with him.

I'll wind him up about this sea level stuff when I see him. Already plan on getting him a David Icke approved turquoise tracky.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X