• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm dead funny me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm dead funny me

We had a barby yesterday, so put the sunday roast on hold. We had home made burgers and some kebabs on a stick, a load of ale and it was a great day in the garden.

So this am the missus puts the pork joint in the oven and tells me to get it out at 12.
    Then she toddles off to go shopping.
    So I gets the joint out at noon, and puts it in the micrwave to keep the cats off it, then I gets one of yesterdays home-made left-over burgers, ties a bit of string around it (to make it look like a mini joint) then sticks it back in the oven.

So the missus gets back from the shopping ten minutes ago, realises the oven is still on, drops the shopping bags and pulls this minute smoking burger-stump out of the oven

looks like I 'll be sleeping on the couch tonight

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    But you do get a whole pork joint to yourself
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      But you do get a whole pork joint to yourself
      No she'll be sleeping in the marital bed with EO on the couch.

KUATB.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

On the joke!
        Just a shame Mrs EO is a sourfaced humourless haridan!
        Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
        Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

We had a barby yesterday, so put the sunday roast on hold. We had home made burgers and some kebabs on a stick, a load of ale and it was a great day in the garden.

So this am the missus puts the pork joint in the oven and tells me to get it out at 12.
          Then she toddles off to go shopping.
          So I gets the joint out at noon, and puts it in the micrwave to keep the cats off it, then I gets one of yesterdays home-made left-over burgers, ties a bit of string around it (to make it look like a mini joint) then sticks it back in the oven.

So the missus gets back from the shopping ten minutes ago, realises the oven is still on, drops the shopping bags and pulls this minute smoking burger-stump out of the oven

Your secret is safe with me EO as long as half of the crackling is in the post by tomorrow.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Your secret is safe with me EO as long as half of the crackling is in the post by tomorrow.

You think there'll be any crackling left to send to you?

Nice one EO
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Buy a hammock.

Comment

Working...
              X