• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sales mode

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales mode

Current gig is drawing to close - 6 weeks and counting to go.

I now have the concentration span of a goldfish when trying to get anything done for the client, instead I'm thinking about agents, interviews, linkedin, that girl with the sexy voice who just called about a role....
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Current gig is drawing to close - 6 weeks and counting to go.

I now have the concentration span of a goldfish when trying to get anything done for the client, instead I'm thinking about agents, interviews, linkedin, that girl with the sexy voice who just called about a role....
    6 weeks is a bit early, I start looking with 2-3 weeks, really upping my game in the last week, then really going hard on the last day.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      6 weeks is a bit early, I start looking with 2-3 weeks, really upping my game in the last week, then really going hard on the last day.
      early bird etc...
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

early bird etc...
        I find that agents will lose interest unless you are a week or two away (preferably just on the bench) as you might be a extension merchant.

Comment

I find that agents will lose interest unless you are a week or two away (preferably just on the bench) as you might be a extension merchant.
          Using the power of talking to convey information and ideas it's possible to convince agents otherwise

i.e. if there was an extension on the way then I wouldn't be looking
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Using the power of talking to convey information and ideas it's possible to convince agents otherwise

i.e. if there was an extension on the way then I wouldn't be looking
            Liars don't believe anyone else though, and they are always suspicious you are a using them to get a rate rise or will just opt "better the devil you know" and stay in the current place. In fact I haven't ever or known any contractor who has secured a different contract more than 3 weeks before he was due to finish.

Comment

Liars don't believe anyone else though, and they are always suspicious you are a using them to get a rate rise or will just opt "better the devil you know" and stay in the current place. In fact I haven't ever or known any contractor who has secured a different contract more than 3 weeks before he was due to finish.
              I'm sure plenty of posters on here have, I certainly have on several occasions.

I try not to so I can take a bit of time off, but if something interesting and lucrative enough is on the table then I'll take it if the current gig is clearly drawing to a close.

Comment

In fact I haven't ever or known any contractor who has secured a different contract more than 3 weeks before he was due to finish.
                You are kidding right?

Nothing particularly exceptional I would think.
                In fact thinking about it - except this role (which was very short leadtime) last 4 at least have been lined up 6+ weeks in advance.
                Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Working...
                X