• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earthquake warning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earthquake warning

Comments from Piers

Looks like there's going to be an earthquake in the next couple of days.
    I'm alright Jack

<digs out tin helmet; checks stock of tinned baked beans and fruit salad; gets out duvet, disappears under stairs>
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

That will be the same Piers who has been predicting falling global temperatures every year since 2008....

So how did that work out ...?

Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        <digs out tin helmet; checks stock of tinned baked beans and fruit salad; gets out duvet, disappears under stairs>
        Mmmm, fruit salad. Haven't had that in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Mmmm, fruit salad. Haven't had that in a while.
          I've got some in the cupboard. And a sherbet dip dab.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
            That will be the same Piers who has been predicting falling global temperatures every year since 2008....

So how did that work out ...?

Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs

HTH
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

19-23rd April is a WORLD MAJOR EARTHQUAKE RISK (Trial) PERIOD in which the Pacific ring (inc West USA) is vulnerable. In this period we expect an increase in major, M6.0 and above, earthquakes around the world and associated increases in aftershocks in recently active areas (eg East Honshu, Japan) and probably increases in relatively low level activity quieter regions
              How did that one work out?

In the next 5 or 10 years warming is likely to be maintained as a transpolar shift occurs.
              Piers 2005.

The latest advances in Sun-Earth relations show not only the primacy of magnetic-particle links between the sun and the earth but that these are modulated by lunar effects to give the observed 60 year cycle in both world and USA temperatures. This means that the world will continue general cooling at least to 2030
              Piers 2009

Oh well. This is how horoscopes work, throw out enough forecasts, with vague generic wording, point to the occasional winners and quietly forget the losers .... you apparently can fool enough of the people enough of the time to make a decent living ...
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

HTH
                You just drew the green line on didn't you
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This was the earthquake.

Solomon Islands Earthquake Today Doesn’t Prompt Tsunami Warning

Not bad huh!
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Predictions are difficult. Do you remember this one?

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X