• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drinks that made you sick as a youngster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinks that made you sick as a youngster

Is the adage true? Get drunk (and vomit) on a certain drink as a youngster, and you'll never stomach that type of drink again?

Just as well they don't sell Skol any more?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Cinzano.

I was 14 and 3 of us clubbed together to buy a bottle, 2 had a swig and couldn't stomach it, I drank the rest.

Stuck to Colt 45 after that.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Is the adage true? Get drunk (and vomit) on a certain drink as a youngster, and you'll never stomach that type of drink again?
      No!

I have been most drunk drinking (lots of) beer - but I still like it.
      On my 18th I drank loads of beer plus Pernod & Orange chasers..... puked like a fountain at the end of the night. Still partial to the odd Pernod.

I once drank Pernod & Backcurrant - I didn't puke but I will never willingly do it again!
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Mad Dog 20 20 Strawberry for me. Just looking at the picture of it makes me want to heave. Upchucked all over the neighbours wall and I swear the lichen grows more on that patch now... blueghhh

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Once got completely off my face on a bottle of vodka. Was still puking intermittently 12 hours later. Took a couple of years to stop feeling sick at the smell of it but I drink it again now.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Cherry B.

stek, mates, all aged about 6, we used to climb on the back of the Magees Brewery wagons parked at the top of our street and rummage through the empties looking for dregs, to pour into the most full bottle of dregs and eventually we'd get about half a bottle of Magees Crown Ale. The odd dead wasp too but we fished them out. Or ate them, same difference.

I can still see it, wooden crates, glass bottles, dead wasps, real ale, back of a wagon.

After years (probably actually days by 6 yo time) of doing this, we found a full unopened crate of Cherry B's - Nirvana! What an evening that was. Serious cockup on the brewery front but we didn't care...

ASDA have Cherry B's now - I get a pack occasionally, and I am instantly transported back to 1967, memories, eh!!?

Comment

Dubonnet.

Sick as a dog afterwards but thanks to sticky Lisa, I managed to get a smelly finger.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post

Just as well they don't sell Skol any more?
                Very true for me with Southern Comfort, I've not touched it in almost 30 years having got extremely "unwell" on it at 16.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Mad Dog 20 20 Strawberry for me. Just looking at the picture of it makes me want to heave. Upchucked all over the neighbours wall and I swear the lichen grows more on that patch now... blueghhh

+1 for MD 20/20 - Had a load one night, puked into a girls lap on the No. 33 bus..... and still got to take her out on a date

Comment

Cheap cider.

It didn't help with all those student parties where there was always a large 2l bottle of supermarket cider left the next day plus another one nearby half full with fags in it.

I've managed to stomach proper cider at a beer festival a 2 years ago though. Still can't stand the smell in pubs.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X