• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urgently need German humour magazine recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgently need German humour magazine recommendation

So I walked into this great shop filled wall to wall with every type of magazine. About a hundred different titles for computers, a hundred for masculinity, a hundred for home improvement, about fifty on sudoku puzzles alone, etc, etc. It's all in German of course and I can't understand much, but I thought I'd learn it starting out with some comics or something. All I can find is a translation of Daffy the Duck.

So I ask the Maedchen if they have a magazine with some good German jokes in it. She takes a few seconds to understand the concept, looks at me as if I'm mad, takes another few seconds to search the back of her memory, then gives me a definitive "Nein!?!"

Maybe somebody with a knowledge of the Continent can help me out here? I haven't even sorted out my apartment and health insurance yet, and I'm really blocked on this one issue.
    Der going over der to get der der's.

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
    So I walked into this great shop filled wall to wall with every type of magazine. About a hundred different titles for computers, a hundred for masculinity, a hundred for home improvement, about fifty on sudoku puzzles alone, etc, etc. It's all in German of course and I can't understand much, but I thought I'd learn it starting out with some comics or something. All I can find is a translation of Daffy the Duck.

So I ask the Maedchen if they have a magazine with some good German jokes in it. She takes a few seconds to understand the concept, looks at me as if I'm mad, takes another few seconds to search the back of her memory, then gives me a definitive "Nein!?!"

Maybe somebody with a knowledge of the Continent can help me out here? I haven't even sorted out my apartment and health insurance yet, and I'm really blocked on this one issue.
    Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Hahaha!

Comment

Some people joke that Germans do not have a sense of humour, but Germans do not find this a laughing matter.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Some people joke that Germans do not have a sense of humour, but Germans do not find this a laughing matter.
        Was it Bob Monkhouse who said to his family he was going to be a comedian and they just laughed.

Bob later commented "Well, they're not laughing now...."

Comment

Zo, a british and a german were out hunting. They zee a wabbit the brit aims, fires and misses 10cm to the left. The German takes a shot misses 10 cm to the right. He proceeds to walk away. The brit says but surely now we'll hit the rabbit with a third shot, Ja says the german but on average the rabbit is dead.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Something of a tradition in these parts
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Titanic magazine?

You can get fired from your job as a sports presenter for jokes like this one:
              Bei der Frauenfußball-WM sollen erstmals Headphones zum Einsatz kommen, über die sich die Schiedsrichterinnen während des Spiels von ihren Ehemännern die Abseitsregel erklären lassen können

Comment

Who says the Germans have no sense of fun?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13107599
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post

The Germans find the Financial Times quite amusing.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I'm surprised no-one mentioned Eulenspiegel.
                    Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Working...
                    X