• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

E101 while working in Holland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E101 while working in Holland

Hey it's my first post!

I've been working in the Netherlands now for nearly 5 years, my employer in the UK is telling me that after 5 years I have to stop working in holland for 3 months or else I will be liable for Dutch tax because they can't obtain another e101.

Has anyone come across this? If so is there anyway round it?

I am having some questions on e101 too.

I'm running into dilemmas with e101 anyway you can contact me use my user name at yahoo.com
    Originally posted by Gdresser View Post
    Hey it's my first post!

I've been working in the Netherlands now for nearly 5 years, my employer in the UK is telling me that after 5 years I have to stop working in holland for 3 months or else I will be liable for Dutch tax because they can't obtain another e101.

Has anyone come across this? If so is there anyway round it?

Comment

Originally posted by balajo View Post
      I'm running into dilemmas with e101 anyway you can contact me use my user name at yahoo.com
      I always thought the E101 was only valid for 2 years (I know mine was) and then you had to get an E103 or is it E106 which lasted for 3 years?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

as far as I understand gentlemen,

and I suggest you take some top notch advice on this

e101's have gone years ago

these days if one is more than 6 months in any eu country then one becomes
        taxable in that eu country

suggest you check

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          as far as I understand gentlemen,

and I suggest you take some top notch advice on this

e101's have gone years ago

these days if one is more than 6 months in any eu country then one becomes
          taxable in that eu country

suggest you check

Milan.
          Correct my dear Milly.

If you are working in NL then you must pay tax in NL from day one. You cannot operate via your UK ltd but must use a Dutch payroll company or go through the process of setting up a "sole proprietorship" or B.V.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Doh! You don't need one anymore.

HTH Pacha

Comment

Norah,

have you invested in that rotisserie yet ?

Milan.

Comment

Back to the original question.....

'I've been working in the Netherlands now for nearly 5 years, my employer in the UK is telling me that after 5 years I have to stop working in holland for 3 months or else I will be liable for Dutch tax because they can't obtain another e101. '

I suggest you get out of Dodge asap, because if the Dutch Hector catches you and finds out you're been there 5 years and fiscally oriented to the UK during that period you's gonna be in the poo

and for the company you work for to put their approval on that way of working

well, to be honest it beggars belief

Milan.

Comment

I get the feeling the OP might be an employee rather than working through his own UK ltd. In which case it could be that his employer ought to be running a dutch payroll.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

not ought to be, is breaking the law by not doing so !

hence, it beggar's belief that their HR and Compliance Team are so un-informed.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X