• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone recommendations

OK, I do try to keep a phone until it doesn't work any more, saving my gadget salivating for other stuff. But I might need to get a new phone soon. I'd appreciate any recommendations that fit the bill:

I use it for calls and text, mainly.
    I don't play games.
    I might use the calendar/tasks functions but I'm not very demanding of their functionality.
    I'm not much bothered about the camera, I always carry a real camera.
    I'd use it to listen to music occasionally, but only if that doesn't hammer the battery and kill the phone before nightfall. And I'm not interested in online listening or buying, I make MP3 files from my CDs and copy them to a memory card.
    I don't think I'd like to watch movies on any scree that would fit in a pocket. Just a personal preference.
    I wouldn't use the internet on it much because I spend most of my time outside the UK, but the phone company will definitely be UK (prob O2). I have other arrangements for email and browsing, and do not want to pay roaming data charges.

I am prepared to allow that I might not appreciate in advance all that a smarter phone might do for me. But the "usually no internet" is pretty much a given, and ISTM that that kills a lot of what a smart phone is for.

Hmm. Do I actually need a phone?
    Last edited by Ignis Fatuus; 20 April 2011, 07:25.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Nokia E72

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Nokia E72
      Uh-huh. So no large screen, no touchscreen, but physical keyboard. Makes sense according to the requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
        Uh-huh. So no large screen, no touchscreen, but physical keyboard. Makes sense according to the requirements.
        Sony Ericsson W810i Black - 2.0 Megapixel Camera: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

If you can find one brand new I'd get one of these, so good I got two of them
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Oops, I forgot to mention one requirement, in the middle of all the I-Dont-Need:

I want it to flash a light if I miss a call or text.

Comment

Working...
          X