• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skynet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skynet

According to Sarah Connors at 8.11pm on April 19, 2011 Sky Net would become self aware.

Did anyone notice?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    According to Sarah Connors at 8.11pm on April 19, 2011 Sky Net would become self aware.

Did anyone notice?
    I thought the date kept changing as the various skynet plots were thwarted?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Skynet has been around for years, I haven't heard anyone complain yet

And best of all it's British
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I well remember posting that on a Barnsley Fans website who were hosted on Skynet UK, about 12/15 years ago or more, - thought it was 1997...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I well remember posting that on a Barnsley Fans website about 12/15 years ago or more, - thought it was 1997...
          I was right!

In the Terminator storyline, Skynet was originally installed by the military to control the national arsenal on August 4, 1997. On August 29 it gained self-awareness[1], and the panicking operators, realizing the extent of its abilities, tried to pull the plug. Skynet perceived the attempt to deactivate it as an attack and came to the conclusion that all of humanity would attempt to destroy it. To defend itself, it determined that humanity should be exterminated.

Comment

Did anyone notice?
            Nah the project has been put back while they do the documentation and beef up the unit tests.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              Nah the project has been put back while they do the documentation and beef up the unit tests.
              And ensure that everyone got the email about the new coversheet for the TPS reports...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                And ensure that everyone got the email about the new coversheet for the TPS reports...
                Just go ahead and do that.

Comment

Did anyone notice?
                  I fully expect any system that becomes "self aware" to spend all its time downloading pron and clips of kittens doing "LOL" things. I doubt we have too much to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    I thought the date kept changing as the various sequels/series were greenlit

Comment

Working...
                    X