• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idiot of The Day Award

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot of The Day Award

I'm nominating my self for putting petrol into my diesel car
    Coffee's for closers

Bad news. I always double-check at the hose end in case the wrong hose was in the sitting in the pump, i.e. two hoses were switched. As long as you didn't drive off I guess you'll get away with it, minus the cost of the fuel and the time spent draining it. Do they let you drain it in the petrol station?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Doh, though I've done it myself. Realised when I paid, left car there for mate to come and drain the petrol diesel mix from it, which was the worst part - having to throw away £50 worth of fuel (around half of which is tax ).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Bad news. I always double-check at the hose end in case the wrong hose was in the sitting in the pump, i.e. two hoses were switched. As long as you didn't drive off I guess you'll get away with it, minus the cost of the fuel and the time spent draining it. Do they let you drain it in the petrol station?
        i did drive off
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Do they let you drain it in the petrol station?
          Nope. Too dangerous.

Mrs MM did it a couple of months ago. The bloke from green flag said something like 100,000 incidents every year in the UK.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Nope. Too dangerous.

Mrs MM did it a couple of months ago. The bloke from green flag said something like 100,000 incidents every year in the UK.
            I wonder why they didn't create different shaped nozzles, for diesel and petrol.

Comment

I wonder why they didn't create different shaped nozzles, for diesel and petrol.
              I think it's hard to put a diesel nozzel in a petrol car - I think they are wider.

Ford have started putting something in their new cars that makes it harder to do...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

i did drive off

I hope you paid for it first...

Comment

in the waiting room now... bloke in the breakdown truck doubts I've done any permanent damage

still feel a right plonker though
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Oh dear! Very expensive if a common rail diesel. If an older pump type you might get away with just a new pump.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X