• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know you're at a trendy web shop when ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're at a trendy web shop when ..

Clientco kitchen has the following kinds of tea:

* peppermint
    * red bush
    * decaff
    * strawberry (how the flip can one make tea out of strawberries? )
    * camomile
    * green
    * some others I forget ..

but no normal tea!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

They have all those at Airbus, a nerdy engineering site.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Worked at a company that had a starbucks coffee machine (free) and about 30 different teas (counted whilst waiting for the coffee machine to free up).
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's not a really trendy web shop without a fridge full of beer.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

It's not a really trendy web shop without a fridge full of beer.
          True, but there are bowls of fruit everywhere.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            True, but there are bowls of fruit everywhere.
            Are you sure it's not a health farm?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I like how different clients have their own trademark food and drink perks. One place I worked at had an industrial toaster in the kitchen, a selection of sliced breads, about 8 different types of margarine and butter and a stack jam, marmalade, peanut butter, Marmite and Vegemite. Their drinks selection was quite basic though.

Another place had a cupboard full of stuff like Haribo and Kinder Buenos, and loads of different fizzy drinks.

Comment

It's not just trendy web shops, I worked for one blue chip that had freezers full of free ice creams.

Comment

Loads of teas, but perhaps not quite so many. The strawberry isn't too bad.
                  Several types of Nespresso coffee capsules.
                  Fizzy water.

In our particular office we normally have apple juice and whatever anyone brings in to share. There is often fruit, croissants, biscuits, cake, and Chocolate! (the manager's wife works in a chocolate company).

We have our own fridge. I keep a few varieties of cheese in there ready to slap on a nice crusty bit of bread. There's usually a bottle of wine or two lurking for the occasional treat.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    It's not just trendy web shops, I worked for one blue chip that had freezers full of free ice creams.
                    At a bank we organised our own coffee machines and soft drinks delivered by the crateload. Ice creams too. We had a revolt when one contractor was deemed to be overcharging on the ice cream front, so did our own thing.

There was usually a cupboard full of beer and wine somewhere, ready for an impromptu after work session.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X