• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silent treatment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silent treatment

This last week, I've been getting constant calls (5+ a day) from someone calling from 0161 236 9538.

From the off, I suspected it was a cold caller so took to accepting the call but not speaking and after a minute or so they would hang up.

I suspect it is a computer waiting for my voice so that it can either put me through to an 'agent' or run off an automated spiel.

However, I think this has now led to the calls being made by a 'human' as I can hear rustling in the background - it's still taking them over a minute to hang up though.

At what point will these fkrs give up as this is now getting extremely annoying?

Do you think I should I engage them in conversation?

I'm surprised it's taken somebody a whole 14 minutes

Comment

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01612369538
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Don't beat yourself up, there's no shame in being the slowest!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          This last week, I've been getting constant calls (5+ a day) from someone calling from 0161 236 9538.

From the off, I suspected it was a cold caller so took to accepting the call but not speaking and after a minute or so they would hang up.

I suspect it is a computer waiting for my voice so that it can either put me through to an 'agent' or run off an automated spiel.

However, I think this has now led to the calls being made by a 'human' as I can hear rustling in the background - it's still taking them over a minute to hang up though.

At what point will these fkrs give up as this is now getting extremely annoying?

Do you think I should I engage them in conversation?
          currently trying to find a decent android app to handle this, used to come to my home phone but now getting them to my mobile! arrgghhh!!!! normally withheld numbers I ignore but they've started using non-witheld numbers and also use humans instead of robots sometimes

and I did get a human recently - and it took me an inordinate amount of time to convince him that I had not applied for any credit recently so didn't need his services, for some reason he thought what he had written down about me was more true than what I was telling him - talk about unable to deviate from a script- he may as well have been a machine! but thinking he may be a pimp i took the call

just wanna blanket ban certain numbers (including perfect pizza who refuse to stop texting me) - have you got blacklist functionality on your mobile? or maybe contact your landline provider to see if they can block (depending on where your getting the calls to)
          sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
          X