• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Once again Baldrick, life vomits on my eiderdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again Baldrick, life vomits on my eiderdown

Hols tomorrow

30 mins ago SY02 informs me of toothache.

Poor love is in agony. Clove oil and paramol purchased from Asda. If she was a horse .....

Why is life like this sometimes eh?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Hols tomorrow

30 mins ago SY02 informs me of toothache.

Poor love is in agony. Clove oil and paramol purchased from Asda. If she was a horse .....

Why is life like this sometimes eh?
    Can you find a dentist tomorrow? Nothing worse than toothache.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Can you find a dentist tomorrow? Nothing worse than a wife with toothache.

Currently exploring the out of hours options. We have found a private practice 30 miles away in north London. Fortunately next door neighbour works for A&E at the L&D as a manager and has unearthed the NHS out of hours number. Rang it, spoke to a chap who quite franky ask too many ******* questions for too ******* long and then told us that a dental nurse would call us in 30 minutes.

30 minutes is nearly up and we need to leave for London shortly to make the appointment.

**** the ******* NHS the *******

Comment

Kingston Hospital have an out-of-hours emergency walk-in dental clinic. I'm sure other hospitals must have the same thing. Mrs RH has been to the Kingston one no probs - good dentists too, just the local ones on a shift-basis. Only cost about £17 flat fee IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Kingston Hospital have an out-of-hours emergency walk-in dental clinic. I'm sure other hospitals must have the same thing. Mrs RH has been to the Kingston one no probs - good dentists too, just the local ones on a shift-basis. Only cost about £17 flat fee IIRC.
          Had to drive to Norf Laaaaandan, Wood Green. Infected root filling. £98 including consultation, x-ray, and anti-biotics.

The things I do for love.

<or peace and quiet >

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Had to drive to Norf Laaaaandan, Wood Green. Infected root filling. £98 including consultation, x-ray, and anti-biotics.

The things I do for love.

<or peace and quiet >
            I'd say at £98 for the peace and quiet that will ensue, you got a bargain.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

A wee dab of whisky on that tooth is the answer.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

A wee dab of whisky on that tooth is the answer.
                or oil of cloves
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Or Rohypnol.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                  X