• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to cash in a cheque made out in Euro's?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to cash in a cheque made out in Euro's?

Hi,

My father has been sent a cheque for a fairly sizable sum made out to him but it's in Euro's. He asked me the best way to cash it in and I wasn't sure. After reading around on the web a little it looks like he can just take it to his bank (HSBC) and ask them to cash it into his bank account (sterling). However it looks to me like HSBC don't offer a very good exchange rate and he might get over £400 less than other banks might pay out.

Could he take to cheque to another bank with a better exchange rate (possibly opening an account there!). Or is there another approach he should take? Basically he just want's to get his hands on the cash lol and not have the hassle of dealing in Euro's.

Any help or pointers to web sites gratefully received.

Steve
    When a man says his word is as good as his bond take his bond.

Working...
X