• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game of Thrones

Well apart from the brooding northern men, scheming queens (no pun intended), gratuitous incestuous sex and general nudity, what did people think of it?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it.

Sounds quite interesting, although I'd prefer a "real" dark ages scenario than fantasy swords and sorcery.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's on Sky Atlantic, which is not on Virgin so I haven't seen it. The adverts look good though, so I might have a go at getting it from the states/iTunes.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        It's on Sky Atlantic, which is not on Virgin so I haven't seen it. The adverts look good though, so I might have a go at getting it from the states/iTunes.
        Downloaded last night from Kickass, have not watched it yet.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I enjoyed the first one; haven't watched the second yet. It's all extremely well made as you'd expect from HBO.

How come "Pentos across the narrow sea" with the weird blonde siblings looked like it was somewhere on the Mediterranean, but the map at the start shows it to be roughly Antwerp. I've never been to Antwerp, but I don't think it has a mediterranean climate.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            How come "Pentos across the narrow sea" with the weird blonde siblings looked like it was somewhere on the Mediterranean, but the map at the start shows it to be roughly Antwerp. I've never been to Antwerp, but I don't think it has a mediterranean climate.
            You do understand the concepts of fiction and imagination - don't you?
            Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
            Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I enjoyed the first one; haven't watched the second yet. It's all extremely well made as you'd expect from HBO.

Second episode is much better and the character build up shows promise.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
                You do understand the concepts of fiction and imagination - don't you?
                Yes. It's fact and reality that scares me.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I read the books a few years back, then got the boardgame.

It is one of those stories that sticks in your mind and gives you the odd flashback. It wasnt particularly well written, and it uses the same technique that tolkein used of multiple seperate story lines that are all connected at the beginning and end, but way too many strands.
                  The telly program is quite true to the books

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I read the books a few years back, then got the boardgame.

It is one of those stories that sticks in your mind and gives you the odd flashback. It wasnt particularly well written, and it uses the same technique that tolkein used of multiple seperate story lines that are all connected at the beginning and end, but way too many strands.
                    The telly program is quite true to the books

I got that impression on the first episode, but hopefully they'll tie things in a tad better.

Might get the books

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X