• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New German Green Minister outlines his looney ideas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New German Green Minister outlines his looney ideas

New green Prime minister of Baden-Wurttenburg wants the car manufacturers to produce and export less cars:

Germany Should Build Ecological Auto Industry, Green Leader Says - Bloomberg

Fewer cars are of course better than more
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    New green Prime minister of Baden-Wurttenburg wants the car manufacturers to produce and export less cars:

Well thats the Greens ****ed in Baden-Württemburg then as their biggest industries are cars, i.e. Mercedes and Porsche...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I also found it interesting, most Germans want to shut down all atomic power stations, even if it increases their bills by 10 EUR a month, a smaller percentage would accept an increase of up to 30 EUR

Just for comparison, wind and solar generated electricity costs about 10 times conventional sources. Wind and Solar produce less than 2% at the moment.

Lets face it, the green revolution just aint going to happen.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 April 2011, 10:26.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I also found it interesting, most Germans want to shut down all atomic power stations, even if it increases their bills by 10 EUR a month, a smaller percentage would accept an increase of up to 30 EUR

Just for comparison, wind and solar generated electricity costs about 10 times conventional sources. Wind and Solar produce less than 2% at the moment.

Lets face it, the green revolution just aint going to happen.
        Well, it will happen here to some extent, precisely because it's what the people want, and there seems to be a genuine belief here that leading the world in green technology is a viable and worthwhile aim. A German government that disregards environmental issues isn't going to last long.

I suspect the car industry will be happy to produce less cars as long as they can make more money doing so.

Why do you think more cars are better? Is it because you are lardy git who struggles to walk and the speed of free flowing traffic terrifies you so you prefer to sit in a jam? Or is it simple terror at a world you cannot understand?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Well, it will happen here to some extent, precisely because it's what the people want, and there seems to be a genuine belief here that leading the world in green technology is a viable and worthwhile aim. A German government that disregards environmental issues isn't going to last long.

I suspect the car industry will be happy to produce less cars as long as they can make more money doing so.

Why do you think more cars are better? Is it because you are lardy git who struggles to walk and the speed of free flowing traffic terrifies you so you prefer to sit in a jam? Or is it simple terror at a world you cannot understand?
          I tend to agree. Less cars does not mean less profits for German car makers (although it probably does mean less workers employed).

"Green" cars will be packed full of expensive technology and so the cost of cars is likely to rise substantially. However, it's all in the "green" cause, so that's okay.

Anything that makes cars more expensive gets my vote as it means less cars on the roads, which is good. Let the plebs take the bus or better still, stay in and watch Jeremy Kyle and Big Brother.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            "Green" cars will be packed full of expensive technology and so the cost of cars is likely to rise substantially. However, it's all in the "green" cause, so that's okay.
            Yes, technology owned by US companies and made in China using rare metals from China as the West was too dumb to keep mines open.

"Green" cars won't be as near as profitable until they reach mass scale (that's many of millions of cars made every year) with price dropping down big time.

After that the main winners will be 3rd countries that supply materials for batteries.

Comment

I Let the plebs take the bus or better still, stay in and watch Jeremy Kyle and Big Brother.
              I think in the future the roads will be full of plebs driving around because they have been left behind and have no choice but to resort to 20th century technology. The cool people will be enjoying their leisure, working from home or taking 400mph maglev trains to wherever they need to get to.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I tend to agree. Less cars does not mean less profits for German car makers (although it probably does mean less workers employed).

Anything that makes cars more expensive gets my vote as it means less cars on the roads, which is good. Let the plebs take the bus or better still, stay in and watch Jeremy Kyle and Big Brother.
                Yeah agree I was thinking that, fortunately I don't work in the car industry so my job's safe, and the Autobahn will be empty in a few years which will be nice. Most "normal" Europeans will be driven into grinding poverty as they lose their jobs, and their electricity bills rise several-fold.

Luxury will be defined as an evening in watching an hour of TV with the heating on.

Of course there will be an elite in the countries outside the EU who'll be able travel around in large luxury cars, and enjoy flight travel, which will be out of reach for most EU citizens once they introduce the crippling carbon taxes. Could be nice as you won't find aircraft full of plebs, be like the 1950's and 1960's with dolly birds serving champagne.
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 April 2011, 13:30.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

.... fortunately I don't work in the car industry so my job's safe...

You really are a first rate moron.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

The latter I suspect.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X