• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tulip Phrase Of The Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tulip Phrase Of The Day

Just been in a meeting and they mentioned:

"Getting down to the atomic level"

If I worked at Fukishama I could agree with that type of language, but I don't so cut it out!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

The silicon atom has 14 electrons, but their natural orbital arrangement allows only the outer four of these to be given to, accepted from, or shared with other atoms. These outer four electrons, called "valence" electrons, play an important role in the photovoltaic effect.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      The silicon atom has 14 electrons, but their natural orbital arrangement allows only the outer four of these to be given to, accepted from, or shared with other atoms. These outer four electrons, called "valence" electrons, play an important role in the photovoltaic effect.
      Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

I've been dying to say 'Let's pop it into the coffee percolator and see if it comes out brown', but I lack the balls.

Comment

It's perfectly reasonable to use the word atomic when referring to indivisible units of something, and it crops up quite often in computing, as the A in ACID for example.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            I've been dying to say 'Let's pop it into the coffee percolator and see if it comes out brown', but I lack the balls.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Has anyone ever tried to think around the box?
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                It's perfectly reasonable to use the word atomic when referring to indivisible units of something, and it crops up quite often in computing, as the A in ACID for example.
                WDDS

Atomic meant something before atomic power

Actually, before it makes less sense when used to refer to the "atom" seeing as how an atom is not the smallest unit!
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

I've been focusing "in that space" and I have also noticed some others that are working "in X space"
                  Bert for example has been exclusively "in Y space" this week!

WTF is "in that space" supposed to mean?
                  Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                  Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X