• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grewcock retires

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grewcock retires

As he announced his decision to retire at the end of the season, Danny Grewcock, told Telegraph Sport that what he had achieved in the game "went way beyond what I had ever expected to do".

The roll call is impressive: 15 years at the coal-face for the Lions, England, Barkers Butts, Coventry, Saracens and Bath. There were 69 England caps and two Lions tours to his name, Grewcock packing down alongside Martin Johnson in all three Tests against the Wallabies in 2001. The 38 year-old also picked up a World Cup winners’ medal in 2003 although he never felt a full part of that triumph as a broken hand forced him home early.

“It was an honour to be involved with those lads but as a bit-part contributor I never felt I earned it (the medal) as much as the others,” said Grewcock, out with his kids in a restaurant in Bath ahead of preparing for his final two games for the club he joined a decade ago.

Grewcock has made 226 appearances for the club, playing a full part in their push for a Heineken Cup place this season. He has already agreed to take on a role with the club, mentoring youngsters and coaching in the Academy.

More from the source: Bath lock Danny Grewcock admits his career 'went beyond my expectations' as he announces retirement - Telegraph

---

HTH

Mitch

He was always a dirty spiteful arse, likely to kick you in the head when lying prone at a ruck.

Good riddance.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
      He was from Coventry.
      ftfy
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Always enjoyed watching Grewcock play good physical rugby.

Didn't he smack Stan Collymore?
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          Always enjoyed watching Grewcock play good physical rugby.

Didn't he smack Stan Collymore?
          I think the list of people he hasn't smacked is shorter.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
          X