• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Production problems two days in a row...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Production problems two days in a row...

....so in the office and at my desk at 04:30 to machine mind the morning batch as can't log in remotely. Three strikes and all that palaver.

Moved house last week and it takes Virgin Cable 15 days to set up an internet connection so no decent remote access from home.

Bought a USB Dongle from Vodafone only for it to be faulty.

Stayed in the Travelodge opposite the office and I'm still wearing yesterday's shirt (yuk I know), managed to rustle up some toiletries from the 24 hour Tesco Express down the road.

Plus my fresh orange juice is warm. I did nick the Nescafe sachets and mini Long Life milk tubs from my hotel room though so I can have a cup of something loosely described as coffee. In a minute so as to drag it out.

The exciting life of an IT contractor.

Apologies for the Wilmslowesque nature of this post, but I've been here 29 minutes and I'm bored already.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Today it will work. The success will be attributed to your psychic aura and the rest of your career will be spent like this.

I hope they let you go home early.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well it nearly worked - so I shall attempt to salvage what's left of my reputation and still go home early.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Try that BT WiFi points supplied by their "willing" customers - not cheap and quality can be poor, however worked for me for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Cheers. Going home with a 3 Mobile PAYG dongle this weekend to see if that works.

Comment

Working...
          X