• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alternative Vote (AV) Yes or No?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative Vote (AV) Yes or No?

What are your views on this?
    Yes - We need to tinker
    27.78%
    No - First past the post please
    41.67%
    I voted for AndyW's mum
    30.56%

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What are your views on this?
    shouldn't this be a poll (with AV)?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      It is a poll, but first past the post only.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        It is a poll, but first past the post only.
        In which case I've spoilt my vote just to spite you
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Indeed, where can I rank my selections in terms of preference?

Although I'd then be worried that AndyW's mum would wield disproportionate influence on the result

Comment

Where is the (meh) option?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Unfortunately, both systems are flawed. What we need a system where the whole nation can elect the Prime Minister, and not the constituents of a given area where the leaders are standing. In areas where the leaders are standing, there should be a first and second choice, so if their party wins, the second choice gets to represent the constituent whilst the leader takes their time to run the country. Also, instead of the party electing the leader, 2 or 3 candidates (or more if applicable) from each party put themselves forward to the public, and let the public decide on an AV style election.

Sorry, rant over.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Hard to know who to believe but I'm voting no on the assumption that AV would give us more Hung parliaments.

Also, I look at the people who support AV and It's the usual suspects; Fry, Izzard et al.

Also, the Vote No campaign's political broadcast featured Rik Mayall as Alan B'stard. That alone got my vote.

Comment

All I know is that kittens are lovely...

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                    Also, the Vote No campaign's political broadcast featured Rik Mayall as Alan B'stard. That alone got my vote.

Yeah, that got my vote too.

Comment

Working...
                    X