• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking the piss or what!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the piss or what!

Female friend of mine has just had the crap kicked out of her by her now ex-boyfriend, she has been holed up at her mums as she can't face going back to the flat on her own. I suggest a few days away with some mutual friends of ours might do her some good, I even say I'll sort out train fair etc as I know she is brassic.

She comes back and says she doesn't fancy going away but she'd rather just have the money.

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Female friend of mine has just had the crap kicked out of her by her now ex-boyfriend, she has been holed up at her mums as she can't face going back to the flat on her own. I suggest a few days away with some mutual friends of ours might do her some good, I even say I'll sort out train fair etc as I know she is brassic.

She comes back and says she doesn't fancy going away but she'd rather just have the money.

You were hoping for some rebound-rumpy-pumpy weren't you!!?

Epic fail!

Comment

Then ask her for a sh*g in return.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        You were hoping for some rebound-rumpy-pumpy weren't you!!?

Epic fail!
        We were always friends with benefits, but for once I wasn't thinking with my....

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Don't judge her reaction by normal standards, she's not in a normal place right now. She's upset, hurt and probably traumatised by what has happened. She's probably also embarrased by it and doesnt want to be surrounded by people being 'nice' to her.

If you really want to help, go back and ask her what you can do and if she needs some financial support to help get back on her feet.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Don't judge her reaction by normal standards, she's not in a normal place right now. She's upset, hurt and probably traumatised by what has happened. She's probably also embarrased by it and doesnt want to be surrounded by people being 'nice' to her.

If you really want to help, go back and ask her what you can do and if she needs some financial support to help get back on her feet.
            THEN make your move.

HTH

Comment

I know for a fact she is skint, that's why I offered to pay the train fair, I just think its a bit cheeky that she now asking for the money instead

Comment

A really nice thoughtful reply.

Totally agree - see what you can do to help her work things through at her pace - Fair play to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I know for a fact she is skint, that's why I offered to pay the train fair, I just think its a bit cheeky that she now asking for the money instead
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I thought about this and was glad that my opinion was totally opposite to Wilmslows.

All's right with the world and a good start to the weekend!

Bing!

Comment

Working...
                    X