• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

While the rest of the world get thicker my wallet becomes fatter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While the rest of the world get thicker my wallet becomes fatter

Teens aim to be stars, not engineers

Young people are increasingly influenced by the media and popular culture when choosing careers, with girls naming pop stars Cheryl Cole and Rihanna among their top role models.

ATV, AET ,ATE ATw please discuss my earning potential for the future
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Teens aim to be stars, not engineers

ATV, AET ,ATE ATw please discuss my earning potential for the future
    Can you sing?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Maybe the realise their education has been dumbed down so much, they would not be able to be an engineer.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

My daughters role model is David Attenborough

A geek in the making, me thinks
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

Could be a lot worse IMO. He is educated, interesting, professional and comes across as a thoroughly nice guy.

She could've said Amy Winehouse.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            Could be a lot worse IMO. He is educated, interesting, professional and comes across as a thoroughly nice guy.

But Amy Winehouse is educated, interesting, professional and comes across as a thoroughly nice person..... no wait, that is David Attenborough, my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

Even worse if she said Jordan or whatever she's known as these days
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

I like him but his simpering voice makes me sleepy. I have yet to stay awake through one of his doco's.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Maybe the realise their education has been dumbed down so much, they would not be able to be an engineer.

Well I tell you, a while ago I walked into HMV for a lookie whilst my ears were in pain with the latest teen squealing noise, a similarly aged assistant walks up to me 'Can I help you?' I said no, followed by I don't think His Master's Voice would be pleased with this music, to which the reply was, His Master's Voice, I like that , where did you get that from?

She went completely when I explained.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Today an A-level biology student (who got an A at GCSE) asked me what a mamogram is. He had never heard of a mammary gland or the connection to mammals.

But the thing I found most disappointing is the pride he seemed to take in his ignorance in anything he doesn't need to pass exams, as if ignorance was cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X