• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germans driving illegally in Central London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germans driving illegally in Central London

Saw a car today being driven by some Germans in Central London with two different reg plates.

EBY776J on the front.
    JU5TWED on the back.

Did a DVLA vehicle check on both - neither registered.

Surely this is illegal and they should be reported to the Rozzers?

and I saw some flash looking horse and cart blatantly jump a red light.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      Saw a car today being driven by some Germans in Central London with two different reg plates.

EBY776J on the front.
      JU5TWED on the back.

Yep, just tried to get an insurance quote on it. Number didn't show up.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The queen wasn't wearing her seatbelt. I'm pretty sure the police clocked her though - no doubt a fixed penalty notice is winging its way to buck palace already.

Comment

How did you know they were Germans?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            How did you know they were Germans?
            towels on all the best pews probbly

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Yep, just tried to get an insurance quote on it. Number didn't show up.
              It's probably possible to have certain plates hidden from casual inspection as a security measure. Why they have different plates front & back though, I couldn't say. An oversight, or is there a practical reason why they did it?

were the roads still public during the procession, or officially 'private' or some other neat excuse?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

EBY776J on the front.
                JU5TWED on the back.

Disgraceful! Also, at least one of those big Bentleys had NO number plates at all!! Imagine the poor state of upkeep they have to be in to let the plates fall off completely. I wouldn't mind betting they don't have valid M.O.T.s.

Bloomin' foreigners, coming over 'ere, floutin' our laws. Send 'em all back, I say.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                X