• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attacked in my own home!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attacked in my own home!

Yesterday I was attacked from behind in my garden by a blow to my head and left bleeding. It all started when a young bird wondered into the house and then defecated in the hallway. I grabbed the chick a took her outside, her mum seeing what was going on flew at me a gave a sharp peck with her beak. In the interests of nature, I have made a peace offering with some wholemeal bread. Since then she seems to be friends.
    Last edited by Paddy; 1 May 2011, 10:10. Reason: typo
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Yesterday I was attracted from behind in my garden by a blow to my head and left bleeding. It all started when a young bird wondered into the house and then defecated in the hallway. I grabbed the chick a took her outside, her mum seeing what was going on flew at me a gave a sharp peck with her beak. In the interests of nature, I have made a peace offering with some wholemeal bread. Since then she seems to be friends.
    You can get into trouble for doing that sort of thing in public you know.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Yesterday I was attacked from behind in my garden by a blow to my head and left bleeding. It all started when a young bird wondered into the house and then defecated in the hallway. I grabbed the chick a took her outside, her mum seeing what was going on flew at me a gave a sharp peck with her beak. In the interests of nature, I have made a peace offering with some wholemeal bread. Since then she seems to be friends.
      What kind of bird was it?

A couple of years ago I was in the car, waiting at traffic lights, when a crow started swooping and diving at a female goth, dressed head to foot in black. Obviously it thought she was another crow, trying to muscle in on its territory.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        What kind of bird was it?

A couple of years ago I was in the car, waiting at traffic lights, when a crow started swooping and diving at a female goth, dressed head to foot in black. Obviously it thought she was another crow, trying to muscle in on its territory.
        Blackbird, same family as crow (I think).
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

In Oz, a lot of cyclist attach cable ties all over their cycle helmets to stop attacks from magpies.

Saw several of them when I was over there. Looks quite bizarre, but apparently is a real problem.

Comment

If guns were legal you could have shot the chick for trespass and put a cap in the mother too.

Better to live like a lion for one day than live like a sheep for a lifetime.

AtW

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
            X