• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I want some shiny things

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want some shiny things

Ooooh. Shiny things. I like shiny things.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Ooooh. Shiny things. I like shiny things.
    AtWs fireman’s helmet?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

One for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl and four for a boy, five for silver, six for gold, seven for doodab a crap thread to behold.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        One for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl and four for a boy, five for silver, six for gold, seven for doodab a crap thread to behold.
        Well it's better than the Scotsmen having a verbal punch up thread.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

We demand a vote!
          Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
          Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

I think it was fair to ban them, especially ingonito he seems quite the nasty sort.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              I think it was fair to ban them, especially ingonito he seems quite the nasty sort.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I'm also thinking of buying some shiny things with my war chest.

Savings in a bank at negative interest rates (when real inflation is taken into account) and the risk the said bank may go under if the PIIGS fiasco plays out to default/bankrupcy, makes me think it's better to blow my wad on some nice stuff, then load up with credit card and loan debt for the impending inflation boom to erode it all. Much like a large portion of the country has already done, hence why Merv has admitted the BOE can't raise interest rates for the foreseeable.

Obvious long term investment would be property, but seeing as it's dropping (even if only 0.2%/month at the moment) there seems little point throwing my money into a depreciating asset.

Gold and Silver etc also seem to be at a peak, though who knows if that bubble still has some way to go before it bursts?

May as well spunk it all on a flash car, PAYG women, and diet coke. Then claim benefits while 'between contracts'. I am after all on minimum wage already.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Gold or platinum or diamonds are both an investment AND shiny. Although you don't get much gold for your cash if you want to show it off, even less so with platinum.

FWIW a boat holds its value way better than a car, so a yacht isn't a bad option.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    I'm also thinking of buying some shiny things with my war chest.

Savings in a bank at negative interest rates (when real inflation is taken into account) and the risk the said bank may go under if the PIIGS fiasco plays out to default/bankrupcy, makes me think it's better to blow my wad on some nice stuff, then load up with credit card and loan debt for the impending inflation boom to erode it all. Much like a large portion of the country has already done, hence why Merv has admitted the BOE can't raise interest rates for the foreseeable.

Obvious long term investment would be property, but seeing as it's dropping (even if only 0.2%/month at the moment) there seems little point throwing my money into a depreciating asset.

Gold and Silver etc also seem to be at a peak, though who knows if that bubble still has some way to go before it bursts?

May as well spunk it all on a flash car, PAYG women, and diet coke. Then claim benefits while 'between contracts'. I am after all on minimum wage already.
                    There are countries where property prices are booming and banks give a good rate of interest.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X