• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Burial at Sea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burial at Sea

I was about to reply to the OBL thread, but its been closed. I was thinking about some stories I heard many moons ago about some of the mutinies in India against the Raj.
    One, that my dad told me, was if the enemy was a muslim, they would bury them in a pig skin, because that way, they would never get to heaven. I am not sure if it worked in deterring the jihadists, but it makes me wonder exactly what did happen to OBL.

I also remember reading some stuff about an American general called Pershing, who was a bit of an Anglophile. He did something similar (allegedly) during a muslim uprising in the Phillipines just after the first world war.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

One thing's for certain, there's no way OBL's head can be buried pointing to Mecca. Well not 100% of the time anyway...

And what if it gets washed ashore?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      One thing's for certain, there's no way OBL's head can be buried pointing to Mecca. Well not 100% of the time anyway...

And what if it gets washed ashore?
      Then you'll know that he had a traditional islamic decapitation
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I was about to reply to the OBL thread, but its been closed. I was thinking about some stories I heard many moons ago about some of the mutinies in India against the Raj.
        One, that my dad told me, was if the enemy was a muslim, they would bury them in a pig skin, because that way, they would never get to heaven. I am not sure if it worked in deterring the jihadists, but it makes me wonder exactly what did happen to OBL.

I also remember reading some stuff about an American general called Pershing, who was a bit of an Anglophile. He did something similar (allegedly) during a muslim uprising in the Phillipines just after the first world war.

That is what the Spetsnaz do in Russia. They use pig fat and pig skin.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

AFAIK it's an urban legend. Anyway, it wouldn't affect the deceased's chances in the next world:

...on the Day of Judgment, a person would only be held responsible for the deeds, which he has intentionally committed. Obviously, whatever is done to the corpse of a person cannot be considered as a 'deed' of that person. The dead person will not be held accountable for any of the deeds of the living.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            That is what the Spetsnaz do in Russia. They use pig fat and pig skin.
            Just think, if they made the pilots seat out of pig skin, and the joystick out of a pigs trotter, we wouldnt have to empty out all our liquids before we got onto a blooming plane

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Here's Snopes' take on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                AFAIK it's an urban legend. Anyway, it wouldn't affect the deceased's chances in the next world:
                thats wrong. If I tell you that I am going to nick you peanuts when you goto the bar, and you dont take precautions, its your fault isnt it ?

because you had the choice, leave them or put them in your pocket. Its a conscious deed, and I am sure that God understands this

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  thats wrong. If I tell you that I am going to nick you peanuts when you goto the bar, and you dont take precautions, its your fault isnt it ?

because you had the choice, leave them or put them in your pocket. Its a conscious deed, and I am sure that God understands this

It's the placebo effect, the effect of pork is only bad because they believe it to be
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Just imagine.

you get to the gates of paradise. 72 juicy virgins are smiling and waving at you through the big wrought iron pearly gates, when suddenly...

an angel of the host says, 'is that something in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?. You pull it out, 'oh my, what have those marines put in my pocket ?'
                    it's a sausage. but is it a beef sausage, or is it a pork sausage ?

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X