• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are viruses getting worse?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are viruses getting worse?

The ailment kind of virus.

Having suffered swine flu for 14 weeks at the end of last year, this year hasn't started out much better. I have run from lurg to lurg consistently for the last few months. I do of course blame my kids who are germ breeding grounds and have been known to sneeze all over me and then apologise hurriedly as if this makes things all right.

People I speak to say "oh yeah there is a funny bug going round at the minute, makes your head all wuzzy, and you get this funny ache in your left shoulder". Why the left shoulder? Why specifically the left shoulder?

So are viruses getting worse? I remember as a kid you had the gamut of childrens diseases, the common cold and flu. That's it. Now with all these designer flus doing the rounds that don't wipe you out but leave you feeling like you've done 10 rounds in the boxing ring, it seems that one has so much more to choose from.

And looky here

So often, we get a virus that seems to target a specific part of our body. We'll get pains in specific locations. Like, my left rib will ache. And then a few days later his rib will hurt too! And then we talk to someone else who doesn't live with us, and they have the same symptom!

Of course it's not always a rib. Maybe our gums hurt, or our ankles or sides. Sometimes it even seems that the cold virus can even effect our mood. (Of course that makes me wonder - can cold viruses cause mood problems like depression and anxiety?)

These cold viruses don't seem to qualify as flu, as they don't cause fever, and aren't nearly as severe as most flues would be. Of course that makes me wonder... Is it really a cold virus or a mild flu?

Or is it something else?

My husband says that it hasn't always been this way. He also says that there are more viruses than there used to be.
    Hear hear. This latest lurg has attacked my sinuses (as most seem to, I seem to be prone) and when that happens it alters my mood, and makes me act out of character.

So, anyone else got a weird lurg that makes no sense whatsover that appears to be dragging on for weeks?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Nah you're just a weak woolly woofter.

Next!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Next!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Next!
        I'm torn, I want to agree with the above sentiment but don't want to agree with SASGURU
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I don't get viruses, I've got a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I might tell you that it's All Part of A Cunning Plan.

But then I'd have to shoot you.

Carry on.

Nothing to see here.
            But I'm unarmed

Comment

You drink too much.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sometimes it even seems that the cold virus can even effect our mood
                Newsflash, being ill makes you feel bad?!

SY is this linked to your bowel problems?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  You drink too much.

Mr Fatty Liver

Why do my T-Total friends also get the bugs then?

Comment

EO will be along in a bit to tell you about a fella he once knew who had a virus that lasted for weeks.... oh no, I can't go on, it's too horrible
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X