• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I almost saw someone die today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost saw someone die today

I was driving back to the digs after work tonight and in usual the queue of traffic to join the A2. I saw a lady wanting to join from a side road on the right and slowed down to let her in.
    Coach behind decides at this point to stick his foot down and over take almost ploughing into the car pulling out of the side road

I'm still tempted to report the fecker.
    Coffee's for closers

Do it. A coach driver should know better.

A few weeks back I had to have words with the local authority about their school bus driver who was on his mobile while driving.

Comment

Okay, the coach driver was in the wrong and should be reported.
      However I hope the driver on the slip road you allowed in before you, had been queuing just as long as the main queue. Nothing annoys me more when I'm in a traffic jam, and a jeannie-come-lately gets let in straight away from a slip road.

Still, I'm no longer able to run a car, so that particular annoyance is over.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Okay, the coach driver was in the wrong and should be reported.
        However I hope the driver on the slip road you allowed in before you, had been queuing just as long as the main queue.
        Wasn't on a slip road, although it does turn into one later.
        She was pulling out from a side road, no chance she had cut the queue!
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Oh this is all so boring. You should have whipped out your mobile phone and video'd the crash; Youtube is always on the lookout for half decent "crash" videos. I am, certainly...

Comment

Several years ago I was approaching Lymm on the M6 after slowing down after a bout of speeding, suddenly brake lights came on up ahead everywhere and we slowed and filtered past.

Tanker crossed the carriageway and hit a Volvo head on, she was knocked into the backseat, dead, could see her bloodied leg hanging out of the open back door. Was on the news next day.

I often think my mother in Heaven is looking after me, since I was bazzing along seconds earlier and might well have been that car.

The fact my mother was alive then is a slight flaw in the argument...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post

.. Nothing annoys me more when I'm in a traffic jam, and a jeannie-come-lately gets let in straight away from a slip road.

Still, I'm no longer able to run a car, so that particular annoyance is over.
              It could still be annoying if you are a passenger!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Several years ago I was approaching Lymm on the M6 after slowing down after a bout of speeding, suddenly brake lights came on up ahead everywhere and we slowed and filtered past.

Tanker crossed the carriageway and hit a Volvo head on, she was knocked into the backseat, dead, could see her bloodied leg hanging out of the open back door. Was on the news next day.

I often think my mother in Heaven is looking after me, since I was bazzing along seconds earlier and might well have been that car.

The fact my mother was alive then is a slight flaw in the argument...
                I don't know you, and probably never will unless you come to one of the CUK F2Fs, but I enjoy your posts and am glad you didn't get squished. If this helps.

Suity.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  I don't know you, and probably never will unless you come to one of the CUK F2Fs, but I enjoy your posts and am glad you didn't get squished. If this helps.

Suity.
                  Cheer's Suity, I love you, man...

Well, fact is after almost one year of permiedom, I hand my notice in tomorrow, and hopefully the agent who placed/forced me won't get his commission cos it's less than a year. Bastard!!

So I will be free as a bird, off to Swansea on contract, (yeah I know) but able to feel to go anywhere for a pissup (ie business trip) so you never know....

F2F is fine by me, I like a bit of pissed-up banter!!

Comment

First time I went to Moscow, I saw a dead body in the road after being hit by a car. We knew the woman was dead as the cops were all standing around, smoking.

Not the nicest thing to see in your way into town from the airport, but at least it taught me to look wtf i was going whilst out & about...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X