• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Time

Did anybody see it? On a day when we had news of the following

- cash for peerages. Then estimated at a couple of million, now estimated at 14 million.
    - the education bill. Blair relying on tory votes.
    - Redundancies announced at North Staffs Uni Hospital to the tune of 1/7th (1000) of its workforce. A sign of things to come in the NHS.

Why was the Labour drone given such an easy ride?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Dont you think there is a growing unease in the UK , a fear of criticising the Government, the fear of having a knock on the door in the Middle of the Night from a Government Goon ?

Does anybody actually believe that these recent draconion laws are in fact supposedly protecting us from terrorism or rather are they nothing but further control measures to reduce our liberty by the State ?

I declare that this Government is out of gas, out of crediblity and we can only pray that soon they will be out of office.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 17 March 2006, 12:47.

Comment

Bah...what the hell you talking about Alf?

The fear of a knock on the door has more to do with having your house invaded by crininal scum let lose by Labour than being visited by a government official!

Then again, you could say they are both one and the same!

Mailman

Comment

We're all doomed, I tell yer!
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Frankly I'm disgusted! As this board has been every day for the last several years. Give yourselves a round of applause on your level of gloominess, or maybe raise a scowl
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

My rates have just gone up.

Dame Denny

Comment

Bloody councils!
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
              X