• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish person working in UK as IT Contractor - Irish or UK Limited company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish person working in UK as IT Contractor - Irish or UK Limited company?

Dear forum users,

Apologies if this question has been posted before. I found some topics which gave some info, but looking for some more on this subject.

I am an irish person and have always worked as a permie , I have started as a Contractor last week with an UK agency . I setup an umbrella company with another company A in UK, but realised that limited company is more beneficial and less hassle if you know what you are doing.

Since , I havent invoiced the agency, they are OK if I can setup my limited company asap and get corporate bank account and insurance etc., as long as company A does not have any problem.

I called up a company formation agency in UK and asked for limited company setup and they said I cannot do it as I am not resident in UK.

I am in touch with an Irish company to setup a limited company for me and have paid the money also.

I told the company A that I need a limited company and they have advised me that they can help me setup an UK limited company and I cannot get paid into an Irish limited company from UK. Even if do setup a limited company, how will I get a corporate bank account and insurance?

I am confused now, do I need an Irish limited company or UK limited company?

My agency is happy with either of them.

For info, I fly to UK for weekdays , stay in hotels and go back to Ireland for weekends.

Thanks in advance

Working...
X