• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The IT Crowd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The IT Crowd

I hear they are auditioning for new cast members on this hilarious comedy. I was wondering whether people on here would like to be put foward. There would be no need for any acting ability, or any ability at all really. Just be yourselves.

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    I hear they are auditioning for new cast members on this hilarious comedy. I was wondering whether people on here would like to be put foward. There would be no need for any acting ability, or any ability at all really. Just be yourselves.
    I wonder if the actors were really like this. The guys were brilliant!
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Moss lives with his mum, who also dresses him, styles his hair and buys his clothes. He's highly intelligent, scared of spiders and has the social skills of a serial killer. The closest he's got to a woman is Lara Croft, and he struggles to communicate with anything that doesn't have a keyboard.

Nah, I can't see the resemblence to us sexy, witty, professional types here.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        Moss lives with his mum, who also dresses him, styles his hair and buys his clothes. He's highly intelligent, scared of spiders and has the social skills of a serial killer. The closest he's got to a woman is Lara Croft, and he struggles to communicate with anything that doesn't have a keyboard.
        Perfect description of sasguru, isn't it?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Maybe when Syed has been fired from The Apprentice (and he was a gnats dick close to getting fired this week) he could apply. He could be a turd for brains money grabbing a'hole of an IT recruitment consultant ...... hmmmm .....

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
            He could be a turd for brains money grabbing a'hole of an IT recruitment consultant ...... hmmmm .....
            Now if that's not a mega-oxymoron I don't know what is.

Comment

oxymoron (classical plural: oxymora, Anglicized plural: oxymorons)
              1. A figure of speech in which two words of opposing meanings are used together to express two contrasting qualities in one concept. "Bitter-sweet" is an example of an oxymoron; memories that are bitter-sweet are both painful and pleasant to recall.
              2. (non-standard) A contradiction in terms.
              1. Only one kind of moron round here.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

"Hilarious comedy" is kind of an oxymoron, as you know whenever "hilarious" is used in that context the last thing it is is funny. Like the IT Crowd. Can't understand why so many people seem to like it.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  Perfect description of sasguru, isn't it?
                  Classic case of :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                    "Hilarious comedy" is kind of an oxymoron, as you know whenever "hilarious" is used in that context the last thing it is is funny. Like the IT Crowd. Can't understand why so many people seem to like it.
                    Because it's funny?

IMHO Richard Ayoade is one of the best comedy performers around at the moment see Garth Marenghi's Dark Place for another example of his work.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X