• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ebay bargain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay bargain

My lawnmower died on Sunday, so baulked at the £200 plus for a half decent petrol lawnmower.

Took a look on Ebay, found a local nearly new self propelled lawnmower for just £50, only used 4 times due to the chap moving to a house with no lawn.

What is the best bargain you have had?

Is this the extent of your exciting life?

Buying a 2nd hand lawnmower on ebay for £50?

Wilmsloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Comment

The hooker said it was the best time she'd ever had and gave me the money back*

* This is not a true story.

Comment

I got a fully functional 2 channel analogue oscilloscope for £30.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          The hooker said it was the best time she'd ever had and gave me the money back*

* This is not a true story.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

This is a really sad thread!

However, as I'm here anyway, best bargain ever was a full set of hardly used Le Creuset pans for £30, because the lady who had them didn't like the colour (and I suspect didn't know what they were really worth). I still grin when I see the individual items advertised for £80 plus.

It's not changed me though.

Comment

I had left the shotgun polishing shop to pick up my gun, it was really cold so was wearing a balaclava and headed of to the bank to ask about my ISA. Must have been 10000 customer or something as they handed me a bag of free cash.

Comment

Originally posted by landl View Post

However, as I'm here anyway, best bargain ever was a full set of hardly used Le Creuset pans for £30, because the lady who had them didn't like the colour (and I suspect didn't know what they were really worth). I still grin when I see the individual items advertised for £80 plus.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by landl View Post

but the postage was 150 quid though
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

a job lot of yellow stock bricks (Buyer collects)

advertised as 500 for £50 ended up as 2-3000 which were worth about £3000.

Rich lawyer type with a huge house so I didn't feel too bad.

Has changed my garden nicely.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X