PDA

View Full Version : Ebay bargain

Wilmslow
5th May 2011, 08:48
My lawnmower died on Sunday, so baulked at the £200 plus for a half decent petrol lawnmower.

Took a look on Ebay, found a local nearly new self propelled lawnmower for just £50, only used 4 times due to the chap moving to a house with no lawn.

What is the best bargain you have had?

DimPrawn
5th May 2011, 08:49
Is this the extent of your exciting life?

Buying a 2nd hand lawnmower on ebay for £50?

Wilmsloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Pondlife
5th May 2011, 08:50
The hooker said it was the best time she'd ever had and gave me the money back*

* This is not a true story.

doodab
5th May 2011, 08:53
I got a fully functional 2 channel analogue oscilloscope for £30.

cailin maith
5th May 2011, 08:55

:laugh

landl
5th May 2011, 10:12
This is a really sad thread!

However, as I'm here anyway, best bargain ever was a full set of hardly used Le Creuset pans for £30, because the lady who had them didn't like the colour (and I suspect didn't know what they were really worth). I still grin when I see the individual items advertised for £80 plus.

It's not changed me though.

russell
5th May 2011, 10:24
I had left the shotgun polishing shop to pick up my gun, it was really cold so was wearing a balaclava and headed of to the bank to ask about my ISA. Must have been 10000 customer or something as they handed me a bag of free cash.

MaryPoppins
5th May 2011, 10:29

However, as I'm here anyway, best bargain ever was a full set of hardly used Le Creuset pans for £30, because the lady who had them didn't like the colour (and I suspect didn't know what they were really worth). I still grin when I see the individual items advertised for £80 plus.

:laugh

northernladuk
5th May 2011, 10:33

but the postage was 150 quid though :D

vetran
5th May 2011, 10:45
a job lot of yellow stock bricks (Buyer collects)

advertised as 500 for £50 ended up as 2-3000 which were worth about £3000.

Rich lawyer type with a huge house so I didn't feel too bad.

Has changed my garden nicely.

Halo Jones
5th May 2011, 11:18
Last ebay purchase was a full disabled toilet suite & Doc M pack (handrails, rests, toilet, cistern, sink etc) new cost would be about £600 - £800, as the seller did not put a reserve on we got it for £3.98; collected it last night.

Old Greg
5th May 2011, 11:18

What colour are they? Mine are blue and CM's orange. We possibly need a thread for this.

Pondlife
5th May 2011, 11:31
What colour are they? Mine are blue and CM's orange. We possibly need a thread for this.

I have the smaller cooking pot in blue from my student days, the bigger one in cream that gets used for just about everything these days and then the usual collection of lasagna "bake something in the oven" types in various shapes & sizes but all orange. Also included in orange is a set of ramekins. WTF was I thinking of when I bought them? :winker:

Finally a thread I can get my teeth into. :p

amcdonald
5th May 2011, 11:37
An INKSPE £1200 laptop for £800, since I got my old one in 2001 a refresh was desperately need

AtW
5th May 2011, 12:29
Details of Wilmslow's login - it cost a few bob but well worth it...

MarillionFan
5th May 2011, 12:40

Pondlife's mum said it was the best time she'd ever had and gave me the money back*

* This is a true story.

:rolleyes:

Pondlife
5th May 2011, 12:44
Pondlife's mum said it was the best time she'd ever had and gave me the money back*

* This is a true story.

:rolleyes:

:ladybags:

Right, I've had a word with mum and she says you owe me £15K in back dated pocketmoney and £30K in missed christmases and birthdays.

Or she says she's happy to phone the CSA if you'd prefer.

MarillionFan
5th May 2011, 12:45
:ladybags:

Right, I've had a word with mum and she says you owe me £15K in back dated pocketmoney and £30K in missed christmases and birthdays.

Or she says she's happy to phone the CSA if you'd prefer.

Timmy?!!!! :eek:

Pondlife
5th May 2011, 12:47

NO! Timmy was the pet dog.

MarillionFan
5th May 2011, 12:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcnWjQSlzgc

MaryPoppins
5th May 2011, 12:50
I have the smaller cooking pot in blue from my student days, the bigger one in cream that gets used for just about everything these days and then the usual collection of lasagna "bake something in the oven" types in various shapes & sizes but all orange. Also included in orange is a set of ramekins. WTF was I thinking of when I bought them? :winker:

Finally a thread I can get my teeth into. :p

WHS. :happy

I love a Le Creuset bargain from TK Maxx.

vetran
5th May 2011, 14:05
nice - unfortunately its too close to the bone.

Paddy
5th May 2011, 16:08
a three phase cyclonic uranium separator and two phase reactive photon counter for 99p