• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PPI Insurance - Own up! Who's owed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPI Insurance - Own up! Who's owed?

BBC News - Lloyds to pay £3.2bn for mis-selling PPI policies

Thanks Lloyds for going it alone when I was on holiday. Login this morning to find that you have decided to put £3B aside to deal with paying out PPI and cost me £2k in your share price!

I remember taking loans with Lloyds 10 years back and I always had to make a massive deal about not paying for PPI(waste of money and never applicable to me) and even got turned down for one loan because I would not take it.

Are any of our illustrious members going to get any cash back?

(and BTW buy some Lloyd shares, they're very cheap you know)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Contractors are one of the groups who have a chance of claiming as if they had been sold it & then tried to claim they would have been told that they do not qualify as they are self-employed.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      BBC News - Lloyds to pay £3.2bn for mis-selling PPI policies

Thanks Lloyds for going it alone when I was on holiday. Login this morning to find that you have decided to put £3B aside to deal with paying out PPI and cost me £2k in your share price!

I remember taking loans with Lloyds 10 years back and I always had to make a massive deal about not paying for PPI(waste of money and never applicable to me) and even got turned down for one loan because I would not take it.

Are any of our illustrious members going to get any cash back?

(and BTW buy some Lloyd shares, they're very cheap you know)
      Same here i took out a loan with NROCK a few years back and i had a hell of a job telling them I did not want PPI, they were well high pressured in trying to get me to take it, it serve them all right if they have to pay it all back

Comment

Fine won't solve this problem (existing Lloyds TSB customers will pay for it - and they have dominant market position) - criminal prosecutions might go some way at least of restoring justice: someone has come up with such scheme and got massive bonus for it due to high profitability.

IMHO every insurance MUST come with stats showing %-tage paid out in claims, just like lotteries required in some countries because that's what insurance really is.

Comment

Stuff it. Bought another £20k in Lloyds at 52.6 time will tell if that was dumb.

Comment

Stuff it. Bought another £20k in Lloyds at 52.6 time will tell if that was dumb.
            You could have bought a pound of gold - I hear DimPrawn is liquidating his stake as his wife demanded a holiday in Blackpool...

Comment

OMFG, MF has single handedly changed direction of market!!!

Source: BBC News - Lloyds Banking Group reports loss on £3bn PPI provision

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                OMFG, MF has single handedly changed direction of market!!!

Source: BBC News - Lloyds Banking Group reports loss on £3bn PPI provision
                My rep is mighty.

Comment

Have you heard of the phrase "throwing good money after bad"?

I reclaimed a PPI from a loan I took out about 5 years ago to buy a car, got over £400 back, though it wasn't that straightforward. It was mis-sold on the grounds that I didn't speak to a medical expert about a pre-existing medical condition, so not sure if everyone can claim, only those people who didn't receive an appropriate consultation.

I had another loan from Lloyds previously where they said I had to take out PPI or they wouldn't approve the loan. Unfortunately it was more than 6 years ago otherwise I would be claiming that back too.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    Have you heard of the phrase "throwing good money after bad"?
                    No, he never had any good money to throw yet.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X