• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That damn box!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That damn box!!

Chef,

Any update???

This could run and run!

Bing!

I think Chef posted a few weeks ago saying they wouldn't get out there until the summer.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Well,

A bit of a long story but here is a rough summary:

-Box was built
      -Box was tested fairly comprehensively with individual component tests, real world tests etc. etc. All worked great
      -Box was given for xmas and received well
      -3 days after xmas after having several readings (obviously all the same distance) from her mothers house we took the box home in a fairly packed car
      -Arrived home and she excitedly pressed the button to get a second reading and the screen didn't display a bl##dy thing. Our conclusion the screen got damaged en route. "no problem" says I, I have a spare screen (as I fried the 1st one with a bit too much electricity during build and didnt want to wait ages for a third if the 2nd died so I bought 2).
      -replaced screen after several weeks as i could only work on it when gf chef was out of sight
      -tested it again, still no screen power, it could possibly have been due to my dodgy soldering skills
      -resoldered all screen connections and stupidly short circuited the board in doing so

end result the main board is now completely screwed and i need to effectively start again from scratch and spend months rebuilding

so, we went on holiday to croatia last week and i thought screw the box (i can fix it and add a b'day present to it later) and I proposed on the cliffs just outside the old town during a glorious sunny day with the the waves crashing against the shore. Gf chef was stunned but thankfully said yes.

end result was as hoped but the getting to that point wasnt as I originally envisaged. A new board is on order to fix the box.
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Congratulations and commiserations.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          so, we went on holiday to croatia last week and i thought screw the box (i can fix it and add a b'day present to it later) and I proposed on the cliffs just outside the old town during a glorious sunny day with the the waves crashing against the shore. Gf chef was stunned but thankfully said yes.

end result was as hoped but the getting to that point wasnt as I originally envisaged. A new board is on order to fix the box.
          Congratulations!

Now you just need to convert to Islam, and you can use the new box for your second wife

Comment

Chef maybe this can be used in your time-travel essay.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X