• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign Medical Treatment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign Medical Treatment

I've screwed my knee up in the gym & have to have keyhole surgery.

So far I've been going private but the cost of the operation is £4000.

Can get it done on the NHS but the wait is 9 - 12 months & I don't want to be in pain & physically inactive for that amount of time.

Don't want to spend 4k either but if I could go somewhere & get a holiday as well as the treatment for the same amount or less I'd consider it.

Anyone ever done this kind of thing?

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Don't want to spend 4k either but if I could go somewhere & get a holiday as well as the treatment for the same amount or less I'd consider it.
    Try England? Oh wait...

Try ski resort in Alps?

Or better - stop being an idiot and pay £4k to fix your health, or you might regret for rest of your live.

Comment

Why not give it a few weeks and see if it heals up on its own?

Comment

Go somewhere with dodgy pavements e.g. Portugal, fake tripping over, then go and get it fixed and send them the bill.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Can get it done on the NHS but the wait is 9 - 12 months & I don't want to be in pain & physically inactive for that amount of time.

If you do not want to pursue any of the 2 options you have outlined above the you can always choose the 3rd option - do nothing.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Or better - stop being an idiot and pay £4k to fix your health, or you might regret for rest of your live.
            Why's it idiotic to try and get private treatment more cheaply elsewhere? The whole "health is more important than money" argument assumes the cost and quality are directly linked.

Lots of people do this, for instance apparently people go to Dubai for dental work.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I was once recommended by an aquaintance to go to Taiwan for MedicoTourism.

Try it and tell us how it was, when you are back.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Why not give it a few weeks and see if it heals up on its own?
                It's been like this for 2 months so I guess it isn't going away on its own.

If I've got to spend a load of money, just thought maybe I could get 2 weeks in Goa thrown into the bargain.

Comment

You can always put yourself forward for a clinical trial.

Knee surgery: My husband died from a routine knee operation - because the surgeon used him as a guinea pig | Mail Online

Comment

9 to 12 months! The Tories didn't take long to get back to normal.

Hope you get it sorted one way or t'other.

Comment

Working...
                    X