• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

9-5 hours, no weekends, good pension, low risk job, £665K p.a. salary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9-5 hours, no weekends, good pension, low risk job, £665K p.a. salary

Anger over £665,000 for Britain¿s highest-paid GP | Mail Online

Britain's highest-paid GP earned a staggering £665,000 last year from the NHS.

The annual gross earnings, the highest-ever disclosed, are on top of more than £2 million the GP earned over the previous four financial years.

The earnings were revealed by the Heart of Birmingham Teaching Primary Care Trust, but they refused to identify the GP, who runs two practices in the city.

And we have a deficit? How can this be?

The biggest beneficiaries tend to be doctors who own more than one practice and who have been able to hoover up patients and payments, often by employing their own teams of salaried doctors.

So the guy runs multiple businesses employing highly qualified and no doubt expensive people.

Fair play to him. It's not like he's turning up with a highlighter pen and a copy of 'biztalk for dummies' for £600 a day is it.

Comment

Depends what he does.

Say if he is a brain surgeon he'd get a lot of work on here.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Depends what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Fair play to him. It's not like he's turning up with a highlighter pen and a copy of 'biztalk for dummies' for £600 a day is it.
          Oi!

Fair play to "entrepreneurs" like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Depends what he does.

Au contraire, he'd have little to work with.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Britain's highest-paid GP earned a staggering £665,000 last year from the NHS.
              I see your GP and raise you one Mark Thompson, BBC director general. Pot now stands at £834,000. Call or raise?
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                I see your GP and raise you one Mark Thompson, BBC director general. Pot now stands at £834,000. Call or raise?
                Being in charge of the BBC is hardly the same as being a GP; you're not going to get anyone from a private company with the experience needed at £80k.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  There are 1000's of GP's and many earning over £250K pa from the NHS via their companies on contracts.

Disgusting money grabbing contractors they are.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Being in charge of the BBC is hardly the same as being a GP; you're not going to get anyone from a private company with the experience needed at £80k.
                    You're absolutely right d000hg. Now if you don't mind, I need to concentrate as I think DimPrawn might have a big full.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X