• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real inflation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real inflation

Forget the govt lies, here is a project which tracks the price of items online and compiles an inflation index

World Inflation Index » The Billion Prices Project @ MIT

I hope everyones day rate looks like this graph.

We have "conflation" here, which is approximately 1/10 of real inflation, and rising.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Good grief...day rate? I'm gonna need a night rate as well...
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Forget the govt lies, here is a project which tracks the price of items online and compiles an inflation index

My day rate over the last ten years looks exactly like that graph - the X axis.

Shame they don't break down inflation by country. Or perhaps they do and I didn't notice the button.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Although I am a relatively poor contractor, I went from a 27k salary permie to contractor earning 2.5 times that net and then that increased by 10% in my second contract and then a further 25% in my 3rd contract. So I am currently beating that graph.... Then again I am still a relatively poor contractor.

Comment

Working...
          X