• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK IT Contractor Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK IT Contractor Market

Does anyone know how many IT Contractors are working in the UK and who the 5 biggest companies are?

Thanks

Tim

<opens door, steps back to avoid the rush...>
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I can't wait for the 2nd post to be approved.

Comment

Define "working".

As opposed to just billing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Pereira View Post
          Does anyone know how many IT Contractors are working in the UK and who the 5 biggest companies are?

Thanks

Tim
          about 65
          Biggest company is Spacecadet Data Limited, this was achieved by supplementing the IT contracting with a few key middle east arms deals (Dave and Andy flew over with me to help get the deal)
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

ok, serious answer.

I've done a quick head count in my office and so far I reckon there's one.

This figure will change by +/-1 when Mrs PL gets home from the supermarket depending on whether I have to help her with the shopping or if she falls for me 'looking busy'

Comment

Thanks

Tim
              It is mandatory for all UK IT contractors to sign up to this website so, based on posting history, there are currently 3 IT contractors in the UK.

Please note, however, 2 of those 3 are what are called 'sockies'.

As for companies, the 5 biggest are Ladbrokes, Lidl, Cash Convertors, Bauer Media (publisher of Heat magazine) and 99p stores.

HTH.

Comment

I don't think there are any real UK contractors left. The ones that post on here pretending to still be working are paid to do so by the Indian software offshore industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  It is mandatory for all UK IT contractors to sign up to this website so, based on posting history, there are currently 3 IT contractors and a Giant Alien Lizard in the UK.
                  FTFY

Comment

Thanks

Tim
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X