• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the panels verdict on this netbook?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the panels verdict on this netbook?

My home Dell laptop is dying, so after a replacement.

Instead of another laptop, was thinking of a netbook as a lot more travel friendly, and who really needs a cd drive these days?

Looks like a reasonable spec for a decent price, but open to offers, so to speak.....

Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: eMachines E350 10.1 inch Netbook (Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz, 1GB, 160GB, WLAN, Webcam, Win 7 Starter) - Black

Netbooks are so last year.

Get an iPad!

Comment

So not a Mac.

Incidentally, for how long did you own the Dell?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        WHS... If it's running hot it might just need a proper clean rather than replacing.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          So not a Mac.

Mac don't make netbooks. I would love one of those new Air machines though.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Netbooks are so last year.

Get an iPad!
            Another iSheep

Baaaaaah
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Instead of another laptop, was thinking of a netbook as a lot more travel friendly, and who really needs a cd drive these days?

Looks like a reasonable spec for a decent price, but open to offers, so to speak.....

Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: eMachines E350 10.1 inch Netbook (Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz, 1GB, 160GB, WLAN, Webcam, Win 7 Starter) - Black
              First have a look at what Win 7 Starter doesn't give you
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Another iSheep

Baaaaaah
                I can't get one - not in stock, it's worse than buying a sofa!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Wilmslow, a contractor would NEVER buy from eMachines. Please see the 'banning poor people' thread.

Council house chavs and gypos get eMachines on instant credit for Christmas.

HTH
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Wilmslow, a contractor would NEVER buy from eMachines. Please see the 'banning poor people' thread.

Council house chavs and gypos get eMachines on instant credit for Christmas.

HTH
                    I am a permie Was a contractor before the recession though!

Ruled out Ipad on grounds of cost, stupid apps for everything and very limited storage - over 100GB on a netbook for storing plus a decent keyboard outstrips the ipad in that respect.

May well wait until Ipad3 comes out.

Comment

Working...
                    X