• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London protest today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London protest today

Lots of Communists out in force today to support the anti-war protest. Rather ironic when you consider that during the 20th century their "ideology" is responsible for most of the suffering inflicted upon the world

Mailman

Ideology

Originally posted by Mailman
    Lots of Communists out in force today to support the anti-war protest. Rather ironic when you consider that during the 20th century their "ideology" is responsible for most of the suffering inflicted upon the world

Mailman
    Where do you get your facts from? There are two small communist parties in the UK. The number of members who turn out on these marches is at maximum 50. I see nothing wrong with communist ideology i.e everyone should work and contribute to society in an equal manner. The problem is that human nature gets in the way (greed and corruption) hence why the system fails.

A communist party in one country does not mean that it agrees with the policies of a communist party in another country, just as capitalist Germany may not agree with capitalist USA’s policies
    HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

What is wrong with communism is exactly that, it is does not accord with human nature.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 19 March 2006, 00:08.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

A bit like SAP/R3. You change human nature to suit the system.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
          I see nothing wrong with communist ideology i.e everyone should work and contribute to society in an equal manner. The problem is that human nature gets in the way (greed and corruption) hence why the system fails.
          No, not greed and corruption. I think you'll find that the greed and corruption was at the top.

No, that's a load of b0ll0cks. What gets in the way is the fact that communism is unnatural, abnormal. It stifles self-reliance, ambition, individualism and freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
            No, not greed and corruption. I think you'll find that the greed and corruption was at the top.

No, that's a load of b0ll0cks. What gets in the way is the fact that communism is unnatural, abnormal. It stifles self-reliance, ambition, individualism and freedom.
            Yup. The way that you encourage a farmer to produce is to let him purchase the title to his land. In a collective what motivation is there? The idea of to each according to their needs is idealistic clap trap.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
              For a second there I thought you were talkin bout Teflon Blair!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
                A communist party in one country does not mean that it agrees with the policies of a communist party in another country, just as capitalist Germany may not agree with capitalist USA’s policies
                How many millions were murdered throughout Europe by the benevolent Communists? What about those millions murdered throughout Russia? What about the millions murdered throughout China in the name of Communism? And the rest of the millions that suffered through out the rest of Asia?

Different countries may have different versions of communism but the end result remains the same, low productivity, high central government control, high mortality rates...and the list goes on.

Mailman

Comment

By way of balance it also has to be said that the unbridled capitalism so many espouse is hardly any more in tune with human nature.

All that is ever pushed is economic progress but human nature has many other needs too. It is capitalism that has given us globalisation where individuals don't matter and uncontrolled immigration that has destroyed any sense of nationhood.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                    By way of balance it also has to be said that the unbridled capitalism so many espouse is hardly any more in tune with human nature.

All that is ever pushed is economic progress but human nature has many other needs too. It is capitalism that has given us globalisation where individuals don't matter and uncontrolled immigration that has destroyed any sense of nationhood.
                    Indeed, but at least Western capitalism can change. We now have laws that protect workers from the sort of abuses that were commonplace 100 years ago.

Whereas Communism is a one party state that serves only to enrich the party faithful. The idea that everyone was equal was never true in Russia, or China. And the hundreds of thousands of Chinese peasants displaced from their land to create the Ynagtse dam testifies to the kindness of the Communists.

And as mentioned Mao and Stalin murdered millions of people, all in the name of the people.

Comment

Working...
                    X