• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the FSCS compensation scheme of £50k guaranteed by our government?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the FSCS compensation scheme of £50k guaranteed by our government?

Is his nonsense or not?

The FSCS compensation scheme of £50k is NOT guaranteed by our government! Did you know that the FSCS is a Limited Company, backed by the FSA...? Did you know that the FSA is also a Limited Company ? The FSA can borrow money from the National Loans Fund (which is a bank account the Treasury has at the Bank of England) However, the government allows the FSA to make rules relating to borrowing from the National Loans Fund. So, a limited company (which is a private entity) is making the rules as to if and how (our) public money should be used to bail out private investors. There is no force of law, statute or bill to ensure that the FSCS pay a penny to anyone, and as Limited Companies the FSCS & the FSA can be dissolved/liquidated at the drop of a hat. Still feel your money is safe ?
    Positive Money Forum • View topic - your savings are not safe

Gold is under threat, the Euro (smeg knows), where else can I move my wonga that's safe?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Not an answer to your question, but I think the £50k is now £80k.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

It's guaranteed that the Govt will print money to repay you the money over some years.

Comment

The FSA tell you that they are a limited company somewhere on their website, should you be interested.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          The FSA tell you that they are a limited company somewhere on their website, should you be interested.
          The Financial Services Authority (FSA) is an independent non-governmental body, given statutory powers by the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. We are a company limited by guarantee and financed by the financial services industry. The Board sets our overall policy, but day-to-day decisions and management of the staff are the responsibility of the Executive Committee
          Who are we

If they go bust then the financial system in the UK is up tulip creek - hence you will get your money.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It's guaranteed that the Govt will print money to repay you the money over some years.

I hate this feeling of being a sitting duck while speculators manipulate my future.

I hate the fact my hard graft over the years is being eroded. Partly the reason why I'm working in euro disney as I don't believe my standard of living shall be sacrificed as readily as it would be in the UK.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X