• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zürich...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zürich...

Just got back, absolutely loved it, where's the jobs!!

Most of what I see on JS is <1k/day CHF, or 140k pa perm, given CH prices both are not that great, I was with someone there, a Swiss, Züricher, reckons 1k a day is ok, most IT 'consultants' get 2k, I never saw anything like that on JS, I reckon there is a Native Swiss/Ex-pat difference, I have read that, but anyone who's contracted there really know? if I find out I'll feed back.

less than 1K for contracts and 140K perm sounds about right actually. 2K would be very exceptional.

You'd be looking at roughly 10- 12 K CHF take home. You can check out flats on homegate.ch | Immobilien, Wohnung, Wohnungen oder Haus suchen und finden.. Obviously cheaper outside Zürich city centre.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 9 May 2011, 05:50.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

WBBS.

The 2K figure is more like a day rate for a few days here, a few days there.

Going back a decade, 200 per hour was the interdepartmental cross charge rate that was used for project costing (cf my agency's rate of ~130).
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Just got back, absolutely loved it, where's the jobs!!

Most of what I see on JS is <1k/day CHF, or 140k pa perm, given CH prices both are not that great, I was with someone there, a Swiss, Züricher, reckons 1k a day is ok, most IT 'consultants' get 2k, I never saw anything like that on JS, I reckon there is a Native Swiss/Ex-pat difference, I have read that, but anyone who's contracted there really know? if I find out I'll feed back.
        The jobs that get put on JS are the ones the agents in Zurich can't fill from their database. So I would suggest you try to get in touch with some Zurich agents rather the some London agent trying the Zurich market.

First time out here I would suggest you try to get a sublet, rather than renting an empty apartment, as you need to invest a lot to furnish it.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
        X