• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fecking Dentists...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fecking Dentists...

I've just broken another tooth.

It was the one that was giving me all the grief after being filled on 4th January....

Ho hum, here we go again...

At least it hasn't started hurting yet

It's The Training

Did the dentist learn his trade on this...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

It was the one that was giving me all the grief after being filled on 4th January....

Well it's not as if you dont have a few to spare
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Maybe if you cut up your victims before eating them.

Comment

Hungarian Dentists

Try a decent (?) Hungarian dentist. Article from todays TImes....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...091078,00.html

Comment

Polish Dentists and Opticians

Friend of mine does the same and goes to Crackow for his dental treatment. With a cheap Ryanair flight he comes back quids in even if he makes a weekend of it and stays overnight in a hotel (which he often does). Two weeks ago he went there to get some new glasses at a fraction of the cost.

Welcome to globalisation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              Friend of mine does the same and goes to Crackow for his dental treatment. With a cheap Ryanair flight he comes back quids in even if he makes a weekend of it and stays overnight in a hotel (which he often does). Two weeks ago he went there to get some new glasses at a fraction of the cost.

Welcome to globalisation.
              How much is he paying his dentist then? Last visit I had resulted in one filling and a general checkup for £50. Can't see how I'd save money on that by leaving the country.

Comment

I broke a tooth on an toffee, couldnt crown the tooth only option was a tooth implant, had no choice as missing tooth visable when smiled, total cost £2250, The bloke who did it even showed me a quote for a guy who was have £35k worth of dental work phuck me ! Did look into going abroad but an implant requires a full go to sleep anatestic so issues with flying back after.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                  How much is he paying his dentist then? Last visit I had resulted in one filling and a general checkup for £50. Can't see how I'd save money on that by leaving the country.
                  He only does it for costly treatment, natch, not for a routine checkup. He saves his treatment up for bursts. Last time I think he had a couple of crowns done, a false tooth fitted (rugby player, you see) and had some whitening done at the same time. Would have cost an arm and a leg here. He's already booked his flight back to have a brace fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    He only does it for costly treatment, natch, not for a routine checkup. He saves his treatment up for bursts. Last time I think he had a couple of crowns done, a false tooth fitted (rugby player, you see) and had some whitening done at the same time. Would have cost an arm and a leg here. He's already booked his flight back to have a brace fitted.

Now that does make sense, remakably sensible for a rugby player. Must be Union

Comment

Working...
                    X