• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Long descent: I feature on page 66 <preen>

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Long descent: I feature on page 66 <preen>

Review: The Long Descent by John Michael Greer | Energy Bulletin

Along with David "Splitter" Icke.

To summarize: We're on the road to nowhere, off to hell in a handbasket, etc. etc. etc.

Looks like I'm stuck on this rock for even longer since you lot seem incapable of developing warp* technology.

*Warp? Don't make I larf. Can't even cope with a simple fusion generator.

Here I is again: plus the splitter Icke:

Step outside the two main parties and ask the same question, and you’ll get at least thirty-one different flavors of the same claim, topped off, perhaps, by some follower of David Icke insisting that the corrupt elite that pulls all the strings is actually the cabal of evil space lizards that Ickes appears to have lifted from one too many viewings of the otherwise forgettable Eighties science fiction TV series V.

V?

V?

Last edited by zeitghost; 29 April 2017, 13:00.

Some of us are very warped, thankyou.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      To summarize: We're on the road to nowhere, off to hell in a handbasket, etc. etc. etc.

Looks like I'm stuck on this rock for even longer since you lot seem incapable of developing warp* technology.

*Warp? Don't make I larf. Can't even cope with a simple fusion generator.
      Zeity, can't you give us a little hint and leave the plans scribbled anonymously on a wall somewhere?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Zeity, can't you give us a little hint and leave the plans scribbled anonymously on a wall somewhere?
        I tried that but you lot still didn't take the hint.

Leonardo tried to make the fecker into a helicopter.

The author, Greer, is a Druid.

I thought those nasty Romans had done for them & not in a good way.

http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.com/

Bell Riots - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki

Not long now.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 29 April 2017, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

The author, Greer, is a Druid. ..
          That figures. He sounds like a modern-day version of William Morris, pining for a post-industrial back-to-nature future.

I suppose his vision of the future is one possibility. But a lot depends on how energy technology develops, and whether populations keep rising.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            That figures. He sounds like a modern-day version of William Morris, pining for a post-industrial back-to-nature future.

I suppose his vision of the future is one possibility. But a lot depends on how energy technology develops, and whether populations keep rising.
            Beats pining for the fjords I suppose.

I suspect <shock, horror> that he may be correct.

Everything goes in cycles, & it may well be that the industrial cycle is drawing to a close.

It'll be interesting to see what the place looks like in 500 years.

Now where did I leave that time machine?

Makes a change from grey goo predictions.

It's quite an interesting book in its way.

Starts off with him on a hill in North Wales looking down over Caernarfon, contrasting the 5000 year old hill fort, the 900 year old castle & the town.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 29 April 2017, 12:59.

Comment

Doesn't he have anything better to do than predicting the future? For example, I painted the floor of my shed yesterday.

Comment

Working...
              X