• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teenagers are unrealistic about how much they will earn as adults

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenagers are unrealistic about how much they will earn as adults

I think some teenagers get handed things too easly by their parents, and I think real life will be a bit of a shock to them.
    Anyone handing over money to their children, expect to be doing it for a long time to come.

How teenagers 'think they will be earning £60,000 at 35' | Mail Online
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

They will. The problem is that it will be worth about 73p in today's money.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'd be ashamed if my kids had such low expectations.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No it's a good thing, as soon as they learn reality they'll be voting for governments with swingeing taxes and clamouring for social justice. Nope best everyone see themselves as high earners in a few years. Let them eat cake.....next year.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's not just unrealistic goals, they also think that they don't have to work for it. My three nephews all early twenties won't take jobs / or keep them as they think they should be earning more than they get. All three left school with **** all qualifications because their dad reckoned education was a waste of time. He spends most of the time moaning it's the
          governments fault that his kids are workshy layabouts and takes none of the responsibility himself. He's now signing on as well as the kids(who have fathered 5 kids themselves!!!)

At a family meal out on Sunday he did his usual rant, I then paid for the entire meal out for 10 people saying 'education paid for that' :-)
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

They don't understand how much more tax they'd have to pay and how much less they'd have left as soon as they get loaded with massive debts...

Comment

I was hoping to be earning half that at the age of 30 and when your a teenager you think thats a lot of money. As it turns out I have got past double my expectations and still a couple of years off 30.

Answer to the problem: Have low expectations (which you think are high at the time) then when you get to that target you realise its peanuts and you are forced to find ways to get to a good amount of money....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                At a family meal out on Sunday he did his usual rant, I then paid for the entire meal out for 10 people saying 'education paid for that' :-)
                Well golly, you must be his favourite son he never had!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  They don't understand how much more tax they'd have to pay and how much less they'd have left as soon as they get loaded with massive debts...
                  True say. When your a teenager you think 60,000 means 60,000 when in reality it means around 35,000 (if your paying off student loan as well).

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Answer to the problem: Have low expectations (which you think are high at the time) then when you get to that target you realise its peanuts and you are forced to find ways to get to a good amount of money....
                    Oh the irony...
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X