• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Space 1999

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space 1999

I thought that series was brilliant. Better than Star Trek. It also had that groovy 70s atmosphere where you might think that they regularly host orgy parties in their space ship. Is it only because of childhood memories or you also think it was a good series?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Childhood memories. I caught an episode not so long ago and it was awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
      Childhood memories. I caught an episode not so long ago and it was awful.
      Careful at what you said or Dr Russell may use her laser against your manhood.

I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Great series, Franco. Fungus is just a no-joy moaning minnie. Remember, this was made before Star Wars and was the most expensive TV series ever made at the time. For an impressionable young lad like me at the time it looked real and I would have believed they'd gone to the Moon to film it.

Here's a good factoid for you - the series was made with co-production money from RAI, who insisted on a prominent Italian character in the second season in return for continued investment. As a result the Tony Verdeschi character was introduced as the Main Mission Controller to replace Paul Morrow.

Here's another interesting factoid. The show was originally intended to be the second series of UFO and was called UFO2 very late into its production cycle. The American backers (where UFO had been an unprecedented success) got cold feet at the last minute and the expanded SHADO moonbase sets were simply recycled into Moonbase Alpha.

Besides, a young Joan Collins was in it as a space babe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          Fungus is just a no-joy moaning minnie.
          Guilty as charged your honour.

Comment

Besides, a young Joan Collins was in it as a space babe.
            She couldn't have been that young. Joan Collins was in Star Trek, which was quite a few years before Space 1999.

I have to say when I've seen it again, it's been pretty awful. I do still love Blakes 7 though.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I was watching that synchronised swimming in the commonwealth games tonight and thinking how much better it would be without costumes or all that water.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Great series, Franco. Fungus is just a no-joy moaning minnie.
                He must be very similar to the character of Brian Murphy in George & Mildred.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Or if they had purple hair & string vests?
                  Just remember to check if she has real purple hair!

Comment

See for yourself here...

The Lovely Gabrielle Drake

Needless to say, NSFW.

Comment

Working...
                    X